mrogowski

New Mach 5 Build - Zero Power Compression

Yeah, this is my motivational plug. If I don't talk about it it won't happen. Since my Winnipeg friends have all but deserted me (*cough* Sean) I must open a dialog online to get me moving...

Steel is ordered and the coil winder is in place to make up a formal former...

hey, I'm not from Winnipeg although I've spent plenty of time drinking there, at least before I turned 21.

The old bugger was reffering to me....LOL :ehh:

But Mark threw some crazy stuff at me when we first discussed this project......the mans an inovator at heart. I put nothing out of the realm of possibility. :drink40:

Yeah, this is my motivational plug. If I don't talk about it it won't happen. Since my Winnipeg friends have all but deserted me (*cough* Sean) I must open a dialog online to get me moving...

Steel is ordered and the coil winder is in place to make up a formal former...

hey, I'm not from Winnipeg although I've spent plenty of time drinking there, at least before I turned 21.

The old bugger was reffering to me....LOL :ehh:

But Mark threw some crazy stuff at me when we first discussed this project......the mans an inovator at heart. I put nothing out of the realm of possibility. :drink40:

I knew he was referring to you, considering the name and locale though I had to comment.

Goddamn Mark..........................thing is disturbing

Naw, its just kind of different. I'm not pulling any punches with this thing though which is why it will take awhile to put together.

So, I should have a workable coil and cone done up this weekend.

Naw, its just kind of different. I'm not pulling any punches with this thing though which is why it will take awhile to put together.

So, I should have a workable coil and cone done up this weekend.

I recommend posting more pics :)

Frankly its not. I took a week off work to get some speaker stuff concluded and well, guess what happened?

I will find a bit of time this weekend to work on it however.

tuned in, can't wait to see the magnet structure to surround the coil.

It will be like nothing you have ever seen in a speaker before! Just thinking about this blows my mind.

It will be like nothing you have ever seen in a speaker before! Just thinking about this blows my mind.

Now now Sean, don't be saying things like that. You know better.

The build will be somewhat 'different', but it still boils down to the same thing - a diaphragm going in and out, moving air.

Now that things have settled down a bit, I can work on this. I'm not proficient enough on the lathe to be messing with chunks of steel so big so I'll be taking them to a shop to get cut up.

I'll probably take them in tomorrow, then wind the final coil this weekend. We'll see how things come out. :D

Updates?

Well I couldn't find anyone locally who can do a clean cut through my plate so I will have to modify my lathe to cut it. This is probably the biggest thing holding me back at this point. May end up just biting my wallet and eating the few hundred for the parts I need to get this done.

Coil is coming along.

Currently sourcing out aluminum plate.

Its coming....

Well I couldn't find anyone locally who can do a clean cut through my plate so I will have to modify my lathe to cut it. This is probably the biggest thing holding me back at this point. May end up just biting my wallet and eating the few hundred for the parts I need to get this done.

Coil is coming along.

Currently sourcing out aluminum plate.

Its coming....

Can't wait to see this done.

You brew beer, eh? Any favorites? There's a little local brewery here that has some killer stuff. New Year's Eve he's releasing his second annual batch of his Supergenius Barleywine. It's pretty tasty :)

Kef

Rumor on the street is this is actually a funky pup straight from alpha centauri itself. It is apparently rumored to have brought to earth by xenu who had stolen it from the grey aliens and hid it here on earth. That is what they are here for, to find and reclaim the most powerful object in the verse. The origins of the where this funky pup was made to begin with is unknown. Some say it was made to jump-start dying suns, Or that if you hold it up to your ear that you can hear jesus. Others say it the last time it was turned on the aftershock of it created the big bang. All i know is..more pics! :P

glad to see its finally taking shape, i know its been on mark's mind for quite some time now.

Edited by ddeitz