Sign in to follow this  
Doctor Q

(4) 10" SSA Dcon's

So i just got my car back from Freeman's friday around 1 am. The guy worked on it far past closing hrs and did a wonderful job. To see the box specs and the ideas about the build go to this link:

I've been listening to a variety of songs and different kinds of music and it all sounds great. Louder than my Ported 15" FI Q for sure and looks sick! The only difference between what i planned on doing and what ended up happening is that instead of the box being around 5.75 after displacements and bracing its only a little over 4 which i know isnt ideal but its the biggest possible to fit it in my trunk. It still sounds great so im not too disappointed about that. It isn't quite done from the trunk so ill just put up a picture of the subs so you get an idea and then once it is all complete ill post more pics.

I want to think Shizzon for an awesome box idea and for putting so much work into this even though its not his build.

I want to think Freeman's audio (especially Drew) for building an awesome box and putting so much time into it and working far past requirements to make me happy.

I want to think SSA and Sundown for making great products and i will recommending them to all my friends.

I was actually at Freeman's on friday for awhile and then came back from like 10:30pm-1am and talked with the guys while they worked on the car and what not and they mentioned how a guy from Sundown was bringing a van with (12) 12"s in on Saturday and they told me to come around 4:30 but it turns out they came before that so unfortunately i missed that. I'm sure that was amazing. Anyways i love the subs, amp is a monster, and the box looks sick.

Here is the pics i have now...

0814092304.jpg

0814092231.jpg

and ill have many more pics later that ill put up especially once i get my hands on a camera and not my chitty 2 Megapixel on my phone.

Edited by Doctor Q

Looks pretty good man. Good while back i asked freeman's about building a box for me and they quoted me 6-700 so i said screw that. If you dont mind me asking how much did that set you back.

Looks pretty good man. Good while back i asked freeman's about building a box for me and they quoted me 6-700 so i said screw that. If you dont mind me asking how much did that set you back.

yeah it was pricey but i knew that going into it and i wasn't confident enough to build a box like this. It was 700 for building the box, amp install, 4 gauge wiring throughout, materials, red suede for two sides of the box and two trim panels, one 15" neon stick, an amp kit, and one diffuser plate. But i mean im in a quartet and i can make 100-200 for one gig so it wasn't impossible for me to come up with the money. I still got my 15" Q and whenever i have time im thinking about building some experimental boxes to see how good of a box i can make i just wanted someone who knew what they were doing to build this.

it was worth them doing it though because i could not have made it look as nice as they did. plus the guy stayed past 1am when he only had to be there till 7pm one night and another night i drove buy on the way to the movies and saw his truck there a couple hrs after closing so i mean this guy went beyond his required time for this thing and made sure it was perfect and boy does the result prove that. i love it.

That's not too bad man good to hear. Obviously the freeman's i went to was full of jackasses then and they also went as far as telling me my x-cons were garbage and i should get w6's =P

Edited by MemphisMzd

That's not too bad man good to hear. Obviously the freeman's i went to was full of jackasses then and they also went as far as telling me my x-cons were garbage and i should get w6's =P

haha that right there should tell you enough. if im ever bored and driving by best buy or circuit city ill always go in and look at the subs just to see what the ppl that work there think and it puts the biggest smile on my face when i ask them "hey what do you think has better sound quality... my FI Q or this alpine type e" and they say the alpine. or even better "can this handle as many watts as a Fi BTL?" and they say oh man this would blow that away.

dumbasses. anyways yeah it was a little pricier than i wished for but they did a damn good job and im actually bringing it back tomrw for Drew to finish everything. He was so great on my first one i went ahead and requested him for this build.

probably tomrw night or tuesday i will get the rest of my phone pictures up and some new ones with a real camera and possibly a video.

awesome job on that box! looks good

how does it sound?

awesome job on that box! looks good

how does it sound?

sounds great. plays low stuff, plays short stuff, almost anything i throw at it, it can play. I like it better than my previous setup except i do believe the Q played low stuf a tad better and definately more window flex not like that matters, it was just cool to look at but this one makes me roof flex like a helll of a lot more than the Q probably bc it is firing into the cabin.

Anyways its definitely louder which was my goal and i love being able to turn around and see the subs pound. After a little bit of "Beats to My Van" i had a headache.

Looks great!

The D-CON 10" is a great subwoofer.

Looks great!

The D-CON 10" is a great subwoofer.

i agree haha. when we were all in the shop (me, my brother,drew, and 2 other guys he had come in and help) once he finished most of the work we hooked up the amp and it was at 4 ohm and it was pretty nice i mean i was expecting louder and then he hooked it up to 1 ohm and DAMN. they came alive. I played a slowed down Six 12's and the first note is high and so yeah it was loud, but not the loudest but then it hit the second note which is low and holy shit. haha.

after it was all done we sat in the shop listening to songs for like 20 minutes.

Looks great, nice choice on equipment. :)

Edit: once they break in, you will gain a little more output and have a little more on the bottom end.

Edited by denim
edit

very nice set-up. I was wondering when this was going to be built/done.

Is there any port noise?

Looks great, i'm sure you could have got some crazy low end out of it if you had around 1.5ft^3/ea after displacement, but you made the best of the room you had available. Looks awesome.

there were issues with the back but it will be fixed so there will be pictures sunday because i am going out of town for a bit and will take them when i get back and the car is finished. thanks for being patient.

there were issues with the back but it will be fixed so there will be pictures sunday because i am going out of town for a bit and will take them when i get back and the car is finished. thanks for being patient.

I'll be building the rides section back up on the main site here shortly, and this is a prime candidate for a page, if you can, send us all your pics and equipment stats of it too support@soundsolutionsaudio.com and i'll get them up.

Where is the video for this setup, Im glad it came out the way you wanted it too :fing34:

I really like this one. :)

I'll be building the rides section back up on the main site here shortly, and this is a prime candidate for a page, if you can, send us all your pics and equipment stats of it too support@soundsolutionsaudio.com and i'll get them up.

will do but i can't promise when. ive been super busy lately. also wish it was a better car to have it in for your rides page haha. you know everyone that wants a system DREAMMS of putting it in a 1999 volvo. hell yeah haha. i work with what i got.

as soon as the back looks nice ill get pics and a video up. right now its just a huge black wall with one cutout to see the amp. btw just got home tonight from a long weekend and went out to get dinner and turned it up and DAMN these things are killer. i can already tell they are getting louder.