Lucky 76

Chris' Wall Build in the Aviator vids p.35

time to get some reaction video's now. :werd_msword:

I volunteer my ears!

I volunteer my ears!

x2! I'll be up there in May :drink40:

I'll buy you a beer for a listen :)

We plan on doing alot of vids this weekend. Hopefully a couple reactions and some hair tricks lol.

We plan on doing alot of vids this weekend. Hopefully a couple reactions and some hair tricks lol.

If they are really good, I will feature them on the home pge for a few days :)

If they are really good, I will feature them on the home pge for a few days :)

That would be awesome :woot:

Yea i would like to see some reactions!!! I think those are alot better than the music playing videos! But that thing looks mean man!!! Would love to hear it!!

Ya the vids suck. They were used with a regular camera. I need to get a cam corder. If I can get one of those you can actually see what is going on with everything. The camera cannot capture A LOT. We will get some hair tricks lined up and some reactions. By the way the port has yet to be unplugged and the amps have not been tuned to their optimal performance yet either. We are going to unplug it tonight =)

I volunteer my ears!

x2! I'll be up there in May :drink40:

I'll buy you a beer for a listen :)

Even though I am underaged it sounds good to me ahahah.

Good News - We got a hair trick going, the port plug was removed and it is indeed louder.

Bad News - Josh lost my camera ......

How are you liking those horns?

To be honest with you I thought that they would be louder. I have 35 watts going to them right now. They still need to be eq'd and what not. Over all they sound good though.

Good News - We got a hair trick going, the port plug was removed and it is indeed louder.

Bad News - Josh lost my camera ......

Def. not my fault lol

To be honest with you I thought that they would be louder. I have 35 watts going to them right now. They still need to be eq'd and what not. Over all they sound good though.

Dont tell me this, from my understanding and what everyone's been telling me these should peel the skin off your face.

Dont tell me this, from my understanding and what everyone's been telling me these should peel the skin off your face.

same here! i guess a lot of ppl lie to me?

same here! i guess a lot of ppl lie to me?

I mean I could be doing something wrong. If so I do not understand what.

Which horns do you have? I know that I plan on getting the basic ones (Image Dynamics CD1MH V.3 ), from my understanding they should be crossed at 1000hz or better using the steepest slope available (24db). Actually for all there speakers Image Dynamics suggest a steeper slope, Ive talked to the guys a few times last month (he made it seem like even on 20 watts there unbearable). When you say there are as loud as you expected was this with subs on or just the horns by themselves?

Which horns do you have? I know that I plan on getting the basic ones (Image Dynamics CD1MH V.3 ), from my understanding they should be crossed at 1000hz or better using the steepest slope available (24db). Actually for all there speakers Image Dynamics suggest a steeper slope, Ive talked to the guys a few times last month (he made it seem like even on 20 watts there unbearable). When you say there are as loud as you expected was this with subs on or just the horns by themselves?

This was with subs on. Even with the subs on, when there were times when just the mids and highs were playing I was not impressed with the loudness. I thought I would have to turn them down because they would be so piercing. I have mine crossed over at 1250 hz and 24db/octave. I have them mounted under the dash as well. I do not understand why they are not as loud as I expect.

Here are my calculations

V^2/R = P

V^2/8 = 35

V^2 = 35*8

V=(35*8)^(1/2)

V=16.7

Tuned with a 10,000 hz test tone at 0 db

I may be wrong but I dont think your supposed to set your high amps with a DMM, cant remember why but I think your not supposed to considering they wont shine until you play a 10,000 hz tone in a song. I would try setting them by ear first and see if it makes a difference.

I may be wrong but I dont think your supposed to set your high amps with a DMM, cant remember why but I think your not supposed to considering they wont shine until you play a 10,000 hz tone in a song. I would try setting them by ear first and see if it makes a difference.

Ya man I am going to give that a try. I am just afraid because I do not want to burn them out.

I doubt you will burn them out since they are rated at 60-70 rms, call Eric (ID Tech) @ 866-933-1414 ext. 101 if you need some more assistance.

After you try it let me know if the change in output.

Apparently these handle 75-100 rms no prob. I will up the power without a doubt lol.

Apparently the tweeters are recommended for 35-40 watts rms. Found this out way too late. Burnt out the left one at 60 watts rms =(