Lucky 76

Chris' Wall Build in the Aviator vids p.35

Apparently the tweeters are recommended for 35-40 watts rms. Found this out way too late. Burnt out the left one at 60 watts rms =(

VERY frequency dependent as with all tweeters. Not sure why you were having troubles getting them loud as ear curdling is rather easy with them.

Apparently the tweeters are recommended for 35-40 watts rms. Found this out way too late. Burnt out the left one at 60 watts rms =(

VERY frequency dependent as with all tweeters. Not sure why you were having troubles getting them loud as ear curdling is rather easy with them.

Ya I believe the high highs did me in. It seems as if the driver was bottoming out at those frequencies occasionally. I will know better next time.

I am also still wondering why they were not getting as loud as I expected. It could be due to the fact that the 18s are just throwing me off but I don't know.

Could this also be a problem? They do not seem as if they are playing directly in front of me but a tad bit low. I dont know if this is an installation error or if I just need to rise the stage through eqing.

Na I have been up in school. Haven't really had time to work on it. Summer is 2 weeks away though and we have bigggg plans. Putting in 8 mids and 4 tweeters in each door =) We also still have the wall to finish ahahahaha.

Time to revive this thread once again! Started building the front door panels and rear amp rack. Pictures will come shortly!

Each front door to house -

8 6.5" Dayton Audio Mids

4 1.25 Inch Alesis Tweeters

Should be an interesting outcome. Btw ... it's good to be back :woot: