Derek_K

What do you think?

I know the rl-p's are solid LSQ drivers, but just how much is the split between sq and spl?

I used to have a pair of L7 12's and was happy with the spl, but not as happy with the sq. I liked those subs and since both are around the same price range, i was wondering how the rlp's would compare to the L7's spl-wise

thanks

I know the rl-p's are solid sql drivers, but just how much is the split between sq and spl?

Blah...there is no "split". They sound excellent and get pretty darn loud doing it.

i was wondering how the rlp's would compare to the L7's spl-wise

Well, technically the Rl-p's have more linear displacement than the L7's....so they should get a "fair" amount louder. But, that's going to be box/install/tuning dependent.

umm, what squeak said..lol. the rl-p's do indeed sound really good and get really loud while doing it.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

my brother has almost the same setup..2 L7 12's w/ 500 watt a piece. my 2 RL-p 15's w/ 700 a piece absolutly murder his in SPL and SQ :D

my brother has almost the same setup..2 L7 12's w/ 500 watt a piece. my 2 RL-p 15's w/ 700 a piece absolutly murder his in SPL and SQ :D

really? sweet, but i'm looking at the 12's :D

i think if i get a (ported) box built to specs, then i should be alrite huuh?

the setup's gunna be in a silverado extended cab.

Well, I am by no means an audiophile, but, I have one rl-p12 with a mcd1000d going to it, in a quickie built 2.0cf ported box, and I cant believe how good it sounds. It seems the more I turn it up, the better it gets! (not that it was bad at lower levels), but this is the first sub I have owned that sounded good at high volumes.

fwiw..

RL-p will be louder than the L7 and will sound better.

RL-p will be louder than the L7 and will sound better.

it has the potential....however, it will be enclosure dependent. it will most definitely sound better, but again, a bad enclosure could change that.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

yeah..u'll sound sweet..but u won't have a back seat..lol...

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

lol, you wouldnt wanna be left out without a back seat in a hot date wouldnt you?

lol, you wouldnt wanna be left out without a back seat in a hot date wouldnt you?

it's a truck..hehe..it comes standard with a bed..

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

look at it this way, if you want a daily set up that is more SPL than SQ, L7's, if you want a daily set up that is more SQ than SPL RL-p's are the answer,

I like the L7s but everyone has them

look at it this way, if you want a daily set up that is more SPL than SQ, L7's, if you want a daily set up that is more SQ than SPL RL-p's are the answer,

true, i know that much about the rl-p's, but doesnt the box have a lot to do whether you'll get more sq or spl?

being an LSQ woofer, i'm thinking of it comparing to a jl w6v2. my best friend (some rich kid) had a pair of 10's getting 500 a piece in a ported box and it sounded good as hell and absolutely SLAMMED... it was loud and all, but what got people the most was the sq... that's what im planning on getting with the rlps.. please correct me if the w6v2's and the rlps arent very close in comparison!

but anyway, his 10's were about as loud as my 12's (mine weren't too much louder) but his sq made all the difference.... i usually listen to a lot of rap and mostly techno and hard-hitting bass music, so naturally i want a good spl woofer... it just so happens i've heard rlp's can give me that and a little extra sq...

true, i know that much about the rl-p's, but doesnt the box have a lot to do whether you'll get more sq or spl?

being an sql woofer, i'm thinking of it comparing to a jl w6v2. my best friend (some rich kid) had a pair of 10's getting 500 a piece in a ported box and it sounded good as hell and absolutely SLAMMED... it was loud and all, but what got people the most was the sq... that's what im planning on getting with the rlps.. please correct me if the w6v2's and the rlps arent very close in comparison!

but anyway, his 10's were about as loud as my 12's (mine weren't too much louder) but his sq made all the difference.... i usually listen to a lot of rap and mostly techno and hard-hitting bass music, so naturally i want a good spl woofer... it just so happens i've heard rlp's can give me that and a little extra sq...

yep, box is going to be 85% of ur install...

yep, w6's and rl-p are very compareable

yep, a pair of rl-p 12's should kill a pair of 10w6's in sql (right box factored in of course) with the same power (maybe even a bit less)

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer: