KK07

RL-I 12"

Hey guys, well someone was selling their pair of 12" rl-i's on the caraudio forums and so I had to jump on it. I've been wanting a pair of the RL-P's for a long time but I couldn't bring myself to pay $430 for the pair and then another $120 for shipping to Canada :nopity: . Well I've read these subs are more SQ than SPL, these would be going into a total 2.5 cu feet sealed box so 1.25 cu feet each. They will be powered by a Crossfire BMF1000D so ~500 watts rms each. My question is, did I choose the right subs? I read all this stuff about the RL-P's but I never see anything about the I's. I was looking for an LSQ set up, lots of SPL but SQ at the same time as well. I'm looking for subs that hurt you every time they hit haha.

Thanks for your time! I'm loving these forums! :woot:

from what i've heard, you wont be disapointed with the I's, You know how you get alot of bang for your buck with the rl-p's, I've heard its the same with the I's.

P.s. ya shipping to Canada sucks big time :'(

from what i've heard, you wont be disapointed with the I's,  You know how you get alot of bang for your buck with the rl-p's,  I've heard its the same with the I's. 

P.s. ya shipping to Canada sucks big time :'(

haha, where do you live in Canada? Customs screwed me on my last pair of subs so I'm going to make sure they're packed very securely this time with insurance.

I'm hoping the rl-i's are a big step up from my Kicker CompVR's but something tells me they won't be as loud :o

Im in winnipeg (ugg). or should I say Winterpeg, heh. ah well the summers are awesome at least. Where are you at?

Im in winnipeg (ugg). or should I say Winterpeg, heh.  ah well the summers are awesome at least.  Where are you at?

Prince Rupert, British Columbia. It's kind of near Vancouver, less than a day's drive.

Hey Mike, since you're in here you can help me :D . Will I get to hear the kind of output I'm wanting from these subs?

I'm hoping the rl-i's are a big step up from my Kicker CompVR's but something tells me they won't be as loud  :o

One of my closest friends exchanged his old dual 10" CompVR's for dual 10" RL-i's and has never looked back.

Output-wise it'll be a helluva lot closer call.. but in terms of sound quality, the RL-i's should be kickin' some ass.

Im in winnipeg (ugg). or should I say Winterpeg, heh.

KK, i'd wager the rl-i's re louder then the cvr's..or at least equal to them. i doubt seriously ur losing anything..i'd wager that the rl-i's are indeed a big step up.

cvr's suck.

the box u have planned sounds about perfect as well. i think u'll like the results...alot.

who sold their rl-i's btw? and why?

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

> who sold their rl-i's btw? and why?

SirSyko on caraudio.com;

I believe he said he wants to lighten the load in his Camero by moving to a single sub setup.

> who sold their rl-i's btw? and why?

SirSyko on caraudio.com;

I believe he said he wants to lighten the load in his Camero by moving to a single sub setup.

Yeah he's going ported with 1 sub now so he sold them both for $290 + shipping which became $350 total for me....stupid Canada :Doh:

You got a sweet deal!

oh..ok...lol

thanks guys..hehe....

cvr's still suck......

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

CVR= suck

RL-i= no suck

Got it

Yeah, I'm getting very excited haha. They should be here by the end of this week I'm hoping. I just put SS Spectrum V2 in the trunk so that will hopefully get rid of that annoying spoiler rattle. Everything is ready...just need the subs :slayer:

CVR= suck

RL-i= no suck

Got it

:lol2:

subs should be here tomorrow or friday but I work 130 to 1030 for the next 4 days.... :lame: I'm pretty nervous, one part of me is very very excited but the other part is thinking "what if they're not loud enough?" and I'm also hoping they arrive in the condition they were shipped in, seeing as how UPS loves to damage my stuff :faintthud:

they're here and they're not damaged :D :D :D, installing tomorrow if it is nice out!

they're here and they're not damaged :D :D :D, installing tomorrow if it is nice out!

:stfu:

:ttiwwop:

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

:stfu:

:ttiwwop:

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

like you haven't seen an rl-i before :postwhore:

other than that :stupid: lets see some pics.....

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :rockwoot:

:D

It's raining outside though :lame: . Subs are all wired up and ready to go into my freshly sound deadened trunk :D. Can't wait!

they are sexy, we need to build the Rl-i's a custom box, shame to have such nice subs in a prefab

why does it look like there's circles in the middle of them? and did you already ding one of em? i think i see a ding on the right one :(