Sign in to follow this  
Sniper

repairing a problem with my 18

anyway, a little back story, I sold this sub to a friends brother, he brings it back to me and says the sub is blown and figures I could use it.

with a little inspection I noticed a few things.

the tencil leads were coated in the normal wire cover thingy that some subs use (red and black wires),

well, the wires will still pretty much covered, but there are spots that seem to be missing wire cover.

and the Positive wire is pulled out of the terminal a little (meaning it needs re-soldered)

and this 18 has a dual spider setup right? the top one is glued on a big ring about a quarter to half an inch tall.

anyways, the top spider seems to have pulled itself off of the ring piece, making a buzzing noise that sounds very close to being blown.

I placed the lead with my finger so i' d be powered, and I held the cone down a little on the top part of the suspension (to keep the layer from buzzing)

and it sounded extremely clean.

what im wondering is what kind of glue will work on this sub for fixing the spider? + it doesnt seem to need a recone as it is still stiff as hell, so im not going to recone it >.>

TL;DR version : Spider has pulled itself off a riser, needs reglued, what glue works for it?

what kind of sub is it? can u post pic???

i ended up using spray adhesive and repaired the terminals with solder.

it was a low excursion Dayton Audio DCS450 18.

not made to do like 30MM XMAX or anything.

gets the job done as a cheap 18, its the one in my image.

<-------------

i'd upload pics but I am just too busy... as im writing this right before I hit they hay at 12:22AM

SSASSNIPER18.jpg

I'll get repaired images up after I get my new HU for the Jimmy im doing a build in.

Expect a build thread in 3 weeks to months. (as in 3 months of course)