hey all been looking to make a t-line for a large scale project but wanted to start off with something small in case it doesn't turn out so well. now i no the port area has to be the same as the subs cone area, and the length is the speed of sound divided by the fs of the sub then divided again by four. but ive been told some have a common chamber and some don't and also im trying to figure out how to tune it or can you only tune it to the fs of the sub? any help would be greatly appreciated and ill let you guys know how it turns out once im done

thanks mike E

The tuning is what ever length you make it according to the sub fs or what ever frequency you decide to use. The sub also should have some certain specs to really sound good in a t-line. If you want, I can post a link to the info I'm using for my upcoming t-line build.

so if i wanted it tuned higher id just use less port length and thanks for the links. also have you heard of the comon chamber thing or was i misinformed. also what were the specs that were vital to making a tline sound good and thanks once again

Edited by mikee72

so if i wanted it tuned higher id just use less port length and thanks for the links. also have you heard of the comon chamber thing or was i misinformed. also what were the specs that were vital to making a tline sound good and thanks once again

Tuning higher will have some pros and cons depending on the sub used. Check out the link I gave below for a better explanation. As far as common chamber I believe that is for multiple subs, if we are thinking of the same thing. Here is a link to the info I am using. It is much simpler to understand than many other sites I had seen. Read this

i used a port that was about 6-8 foot long and if it had to be shorter i tuned it per this link see below. i try to stay below 80 hz because it has to be for comps you will be disqualified if it's above 80 hertz.. that's what i used on my two subs i put in a t line two 8's which is about one ten just a little smaller and made it about 5.9 feet long the longer the better. i ended out throwing a ten in it it hit so hart it throw the change from my cup holder. these are what they use in movie theaters so you can feel the bass the hole audience. very powerful and very clean. . not sure if you know how to get cone area but pie time radius squared is what i use to find it so if you get a number like 64 the port can be 8inch by 8 inch by aprox 6-8 foot long tends to be in the right tune frequency. i did not use *** formula i think it was junk. just more bs for newbie to sort threw. any ways i picked up the book amateur audio projects from parts express they say 6-8 foot long for ports it what i use and they hit hard common chambers are fine too. you can make the port area bigger then the cone area so a 64 sq inch could be 70 sq inch. according to that book i told you about any ways here it that link.

http://www.caraudiomag.com/technical/0203cae_audio_speakers_basics/index.html

hey thanks i new how to do all the math for it but was just wondering if having a common chamber would throw everything off. im actually gona try this on a tangband 6.5 first and then 2 ia dp21s but thanks for reassuring me with everything