Fi Car Audio

Introducing Supergauss

We are keeping very true to form and popping up with something brand new to the industry with no forum buzz or hype. Allow me to introduce the new power house in motor technology known very simply and only as Supergauss; A radical new take on ultra high Gauss motors.

101_0250.jpg

We’ll start off with a little bit of background information about the development of this technology. This is the first generation of Supergauss motor technology and was developed and licensed specifically for industrial applications. After the termination of the two-year contract with our clients and them phasing out of Supergauss I and into Supergauss II and III, we are now offering Supergauss I to the Car Audio market. Pictured above is the Patent Pending Supergauss technology that we’ve transformed into the car audio scene. This very unique design and specific arrangement of steel and ferrite results in a one of a kind ultra high gauss motor. We’ve been testing the past few months and we feel that this will be a great addition to the Ascendant Audio product lineup and should prove very potent in the SPL and extreme daily driving arenas. Our first product to be featuring this technology will be the new SMD Series of subwoofers (making a radical departure from the original design we had intended for the SMD and as previously pictured).

With 40-60% more motor strength in Supergauss motor structure vs the same parts count in a conventional arrangement, Supergauss will be shrinking conventional motor structures or greatly extending the flux densities for SPL applications.

Stay tuned for more info :)

WoW! clap.gif

Can't wait to see some specs on this badboy.

Very interesting ... Tuned in for this.

This should really be interesting. I hope when people start spreading this around the net that they actually link to this topic. Nice work guys!!!!!!!!!

That looks sexy! Def. looking forward to seeing some specs and some more pics of the motor.

I read on another forum it will have the Ti basket. Sounds like nick was just doing some drop testing for shipping with this basket, since it is weaker than the Ti basket.

surely something for the smart guys to marvel at... my sorry a** can't even pronounce the name, lol

Does the coil has to be extremely long to be able to use all the motor force? How about some T/S parameters?

Definitely will run the 6 spoke basket for the SMD. We didnt have a former quite tall enough at the time the pic was taken to fit right so we had the 12 spoke on there. On Friday we received samples in of the extended former coils that will fit for the SMD. This topology actually nets us about 15% more motor force than the last design utilizing the 11.25" magnets (and the magnets used for this version are about 3" in diameter smaller). And that is no where near pushing what we can get through a 4" core... just that for the SMD we dont need the ultimate in motor force as it is designed as a tough daily driver, not an SPL sub.

News like this makes big waves on the internet. :fing34:

It seems I have received quite a few emails since yesterday regarding the size of the motor and why things need to be so big...

This motor uses magnets smaller than the current Mayhem motor (Which are 8.66") yet has more motor force than the original design for the motor utilizing a double stack of 11.25" magnets. We can make can make it out of neo (as was the motor design for an industrial client that was the first to use this topology from us). But, dealers have shown that larger sells and that is the specific market we are working with.

SupergaussIII really shrinks things up and depending on how well this version is received by AA customers as well as one of our OE clients that is utilizing it for an SPL only sub, we may bring that to market as well. For our original client running SGI after their agreement was up and we moved them into SGII and SGIII they didnt feel the need to pay for an exclusivity contract as they realized their niche market simply wasnt going to copy the application (primarily because their competitors have no access to the products and installation in the first place).

So when will this woofer be available I would love to do some testing with one of those. Looks like it will do some real damage.

Steve will have his final protos in about 1 month. We will let him test test and more test to make sure they hold up well to what he has in store for him (vs previous subs he knows) and then roll into production. Realistically inside of 2 months if Steve approves things within a 2 week or so test time.

SMDs will differ from these with basket and soft parts as well. This is not the SMD but a pic to show how SG1 motors are setup. Another company utilizing SG motors will be putting up info on their site and Im sure competitor based forums shortly as well. They are currently testing the SG1 motors in their SPL applications.

Onebadmonte... how you clicking off pics like that from our "testfacility"...lol :)

Onebadmonte... how you clicking off pics like that from our "testfacility"...lol :)

I'm glad you guys updated that prototype to what you have pictured. =] It looks unreal. Pity it all goes in the box. Now for my signature question. Will this beast be available in a 22" =] Awesome work.

any more info on the tech stuff ?

why ?

what ?

how?

i think i have seen something very similar

this is very vague it looks like someone stacked 2 motors and put a basket on top

We are keeping very true to form and popping up with something brand new to the industry with no forum buzz or hype. Allow me to introduce the new power house in motor technology known very simply and only as Supergauss; A radical new take on ultra high Gauss motors.

101_0250.jpg

We’ll start off with a little bit of background information about the development of this technology. This is the first generation of Supergauss motor technology and was developed and licensed specifically for industrial applications. After the termination of the two-year contract with our clients and them phasing out of Supergauss I and into Supergauss II and III, we are now offering Supergauss I to the Car Audio market. Pictured above is the Patent Pending Supergauss technology that we’ve transformed into the car audio scene. This very unique design and specific arrangement of steel and ferrite results in a one of a kind ultra high gauss motor. We’ve been testing the past few months and we feel that this will be a great addition to the Ascendant Audio product lineup and should prove very potent in the SPL and extreme daily driving arenas. Our first product to be featuring this technology will be the new *** Series of subwoofers (making a radical departure from the original design we had intended for the *** and as previously pictured).

With 40-60% more motor strength in Supergauss motor structure vs the same parts count in a conventional arrangement, Supergauss will be shrinking conventional motor structures or greatly extending the flux densities for SPL applications.

Stay tuned for more info :)

still a little undesided if i'm liking this or not ...

this is probably not going to fit in hatchbacks ?whats the dept on these things?

.........butt if this is going to push more air ...hey I'm likin it !

how does this disign compare to an isobaric compound ? I'd think motor wise there would be some simularities ????

and YES we want some T/S parameters ! :wacky: