ANT LAY

Enclosure for 12" BTL

Okay so Fi' s website says 1.75-2.5 Cu ft, but ive heard or read on here that they require a lot of airspace what does need to be at? Looking to order enclosure soon so help would be appreciated!

Sealed or ported. What is your source for the "smaller enclosure?" I would think that Fi is gonna recommend what works for their stuff.

Sealed or ported. What is your source for the "smaller enclosure?" I would think that Fi is gonna recommend what works for their stuff.

Oh, sorry ported (vented) , i got those specs straight from their website but i done a search and found posts saying that they like more space than that

Oh, sorry ported (vented) , i got those specs straight from their website but i done a search and found posts saying that they like more space than that

What frequency do you want it ported @, what type of music do you listen to and what amp will be used in this application?

Edited by jay-cee

What do you want it ported to, what type of music do you listen to and what amp will be used in this application?

Audioque 2200d, 32hz, and a lil of everything but mostly rap/hip hop

What do you want it ported to, what type of music do you listen to and what amp will be used in this application?

I would make the box 2.5 ft^3 @ 32 Hz and stay within what FI reccommended but Im pretty sure you could go bigger but I wouldnt go to much bigger, what are you trying to build it at?

I would make the box 2.5 ft^3 @ 32 Hz and stay within what FI reccommended but Im pretty sure you could go bigger but I wouldnt go to much bigger, what are you trying to build it at?

if you mean what i think, im not going too... unless someone can give a thorough walk through on how to get all the #s, so I AM A probably go with one of our site enclosure builders?!

Let me know your max dimensions and I can design one for ya. I want some more practice in sketchup anyway. If you want to build it yourself that is.

You cannot seal a BTL.

You cannot port a BTL.

You mean you cannot seal a BTL.

You cannot port a BTL.

You mean you cannot seal a BTL.

Thank you very much.

Edited.

You cannot seal a BTL.

Sorry for the mix up. I noticed that after I posted that I accidentally put that in there. Figured it didn't make much difference cause if the OP already had seen the specs on the website then it was already known that sealed is not recommended.

Let me know your max dimensions and I can design one for ya. I want some more practice in sketchup anyway. If you want to build it yourself that is.

ok so my width can be no longer than 52in...... my higth and depth both have to be 14"...so itd be ??Wx14Hx14D, and would like it to be 32 hz preferbly straight vented not flared... sorry if i made it hard to follow that but let me know what you come up with and thanks in advance!

ok so my width can be no longer than 52in...... my higth and depth both have to be 14"...so itd be ??Wx14Hx14D, and would like it to be 32 hz preferbly straight vented not flared... sorry if i made it hard to follow that but let me know what you come up with and thanks in advance!

Ok, Do you want the port and sub firing the same way? Is there anywhere the port or sub cant be due to being blocked by something?

Edited by hdrox88

Ok, Do you want the port and sub firing the same way? Is there anywhere the port or sub cant be due to being blocked by something?

oh yea forgot bout that.... yea id like both of them firing same way and speaker tobe centered

I came up with this design, tell me how it sounds to you:

Outside = 14"H x 39"W x 14"D

Inside = 12.5"H x 37.5"W x 12.5"D

Port = 12.5"H x 2.5"W x 22"L (31.25in^2 of Port Area)

Port Area Range = 30 - 40in^2

Sub Displacement = 0.18ft^3

Port Displacement = 0.71ft^3

2.50ft^3 @ 32.02Hz

Here is what the box will look like. It is very similar to the specs that jay-cee has listed above. I doubt you could hear a difference in the two boxes they are so similar. Let me know if you want the specs and cut sizes of the box I have here.

SketchUp2009-08-2415-48-01-21.jpg

Here is what the box will look like. It is very similar to the specs that jay-cee has listed above. I doubt you could hear a difference in the two boxes they are so similar. Let me know if you want the specs and cut sizes of the box I have here.

Didnt know you were making a box for him, my fault hdrox88.

Oh, no problem. It's all good. I like to play with this kinda thing anyway.

Wow! Great work man and quick work and the specs and cuts would be awesome!

2.50ft^3 @ 32.02Hz

Thanks man both you and hydrox88 rock man! thanks for the help

Yeah me too, I have been trying to design the best box for 2-12" in the future. What program did you use, just curious? I use a Box Calculator that I downloaded from a member on this forum, cant remember his name though.

Yeah me too, I have been trying to design the best box for 2-12" in the future. What program did you use, just curious? I use a Box Calculator that I downloaded from a member on this forum, cant remember his name though.

I did the same thing. From a user...ExpoSport...on ***. Everyone says it is really accurate.

Haha. It wont let me mention that forum...thats weird. Something bad must have happened.

Edited by hdrox88

2.50ft^3 @ 32.02Hz

You are welcome

2.50ft^3 @ 32.02Hz

You are welcome

how do send pm's on here?