Aaron Clinton

ZED Audio amplifier group buy

dont know if it is official but some info of diyma

Just spoke to Steve Mantz at ZED. The first batch was shipped out yesterday. I will receive mine this Friday via UPS..
Edited by summer69guy

WOOOOOOOOOOH I oh so hope that is true. If it is. idk what I will do with myself!!

Confirming the first batch has shipped. I got mine just now and I'm on the east coast. OMFG it is sexy!!! I hope I can install this before the rain comes in.

Confirming the first batch has shipped. I got mine just now and I'm on the east coast. OMFG it is sexy!!! I hope I can install this before the rain comes in.

:drink40:

Smaller than the Deuce (replacing that AND gladius)

DSC04340.JPG

Welcome to your new home.....here...meet your friends

DSC04347.JPG

Powered up it looks sweet. Haven't looked in the dark yet but I suspect these LEDs are as bright as they say.

DSC04348.JPG

In case anyone is wondering what the sundowns are for.... TC 4000 LMS 12's (Custom re-cone by PSi) These things beat out at 15-30hz....need to re-build the box next year.

DSC04349.JPG

Trunk is a little dusty. The guy at the body shop got a bit of dust in there while he worked and I haven't had a day to pull apart and vaccuum.

^^^^My old subs^^^^ sold to buy a Kronos and Leviathan LOL. True low end monster subs their. Wait till you see the underhungs I'm building now. Had custom single 2ohm coils wound for them by Precision Econowind

Picture004.jpg

Picture006.jpg

Looks interesting!

Are there plans for another group buy coming up in a couple of weeks? I missed out on the 1st.

I have mentioned a few times that I was considering one. But it will be a little ways off yet if we do it.

Due to the interest, we will be doing another GB fairly soon.

sweet....that would be my final amp right there...

sweet....that would be my final amp right there...

If I had a dollar for every time I've said that.....

A few reviews:

GB #2 is started!

Can somebody give me a better explanation of what this Leviathan amplifier is?

Im kinda lost. Is it 3 amplifiers in 1?

Can somebody give me a better explanation of what this Leviathan amplifier is?

Im kinda lost. Is it 3 amplifiers in 1?

Leviathan information listed on ZEDaudiocorp.com:

This will truly be a multi tasker as the options available will be really versatile. Full range, High Pass, Low Pass, Band Pass and sub modes are offered with the ability to have all channels as sub, 4 channels or just two.

So the amplifier will do 150w x 2 flat, high pass or low pass (mono or stereo) on channels 1+2.

Channels 3 +4 will do the same with the addition of the Band Pass function.

Channels 5+6 will do full range or Low Pass (mono or stereo) with a variable subsonic crossover.

You are able to:

* Run all channels in flat mode

* Run Ch's 1+2 High Pass or Flat and 3+4+5+6 in Low Pass

* Run Chs 1+2 High Pass or Flat, Chs 3+4 High Pass, Band Pass or Flat and Chs 5+6 Low Pass

* Run all channels Low Pass

* Channels 5+6 can have 2 or 4 RCA inputs

* Channels 5+6 can have their Low pass crossover deleted when used with head units having built low pass crossovers.

* Run all channels flat

* Run all channels low pass

* Pairs of channels are bridgeable for 600w 4 ohm operation for a total of 1,800w - many guys prefer to run their woofers from separate channels as it makes impedance mixing/matching easier.

Example you have THREE 4 ohm woofers. What do you do? Run them in parallel at 1.3 ohm = tough load for most amplifiers (Ever compared the sound of a nominal 1 ohm sub to that of a 4 or even 8 ohm sub - the 1 ohm sounds really bad!

Solution with this or the two channel amplifier. Run two woofers in parallel on one channel and the third on the second channel when using the 250w/ch amplifier OR simply do the same with the 6 channel amplifier with a bunch of channels to spare OR run each woofer on a pair of bridged channels with 600w to each woofer.

Is this group buy going to happen again ? I want to buy a Kronos.

Thanks,

Anthony

We already have had a few more people want to do another. So if there is enough interest, we will do a 3rd. But there really has to be a good amount of people that are ready to go. The 2nd group buy had 12 or 13 units worth of orders drop out or back out, and the group buy has to reach 10 units to get the 10% discount. In a few weeks I might put up a feeler topic to see if people are interested.

I know this thread is pretty old.. but does anyone know were u can purchase a kronos?

looks like its discontinued on zedaudio's website. 

I know this thread is pretty old.. but does anyone know were u can purchase a kronos?

I would suggest checking ebay, but I do all the time and rarely ever see them.

looks like its discontinued on zedaudio's website. 

^^ correct, wish he kept them in production.