Aaron Clinton

ZED Audio amplifier group buy

ZED Audio Group Buy at SSA!

Due to the interest, and to celebrate the release of the new line, we will be running a group buy on the new amplifier models from ZED. The all new KRONOS, a 250 watts x 2 channel, and the LEVIATHAN, a 150 watts x 6 channel will be the two models available. They are expected to be ready in the next month I believe. Final pictures shall only be available once production begins.

* How the group buy will work is because these are serious amplifiers, we only want serious people. Meaning to avoid the big talkers, and keep this to the people that are actually going to buy the amplifiers, we are going to require a deposit of $75 a head of time. Once we decide there is enough to get the group buy put in or deposits stop, we will require the remaining amount based upon the percentages below. This will not be indefinite, so don't expect this to be waiting for you in 2 months.

>>>>To place your deposit, paypal $75 to payments@soundsolutionsaudio.com, include your Forum user name, which model amplifier, and quantity. Also take a moment to post in the above linked topic confirming you sent in your payment, or email support@soundsolutionsaudio.com with the same information.

* Keep in mind the MSRP for the new amplifiers are KRONOS $429 & LEVIATHAN $599.

* How many amplifiers sold during the group buy will determine the total price will be based on this structure, meaning the more people get in on the group buy the better the pricing will be.

• ~ 2 group buy amplifiers allows 2% off the MSRP
  • ~ 3 group buy amplifiers allows 3% off the MSRP
  • ~ 4 group buy amplifiers allows 4% off the MSRP
  • ~ 5 group buy amplifiers allows 5% off the MSRP
  • ~ 6 group buy amplifiers allows 7.5% off the MSRP
  • ~ >10 group buy amplifiers allows 10% off the MSRP

>>> We will end the Group Buy when 24 amplifiers are claimed in the Group Buy or three (3) weeks after the first production units are shipped, which ever comes first. That way those who are in on the Group Buy don't wait that long.

Edit:

Leviathan information listed on ZEDaudiocorp.com:

This will truly be a multi tasker as the options available will be really versatile. Full range, High Pass, Low Pass, Band Pass and sub modes are offered with the ability to have all channels as sub, 4 channels or just two.

So the amplifier will do 150w x 2 flat, high pass or low pass (mono or stereo) on channels 1+2.

Channels 3 +4 will do the same with the addition of the Band Pass function.

Channels 5+6 will do full range or Low Pass (mono or stereo) with a variable subsonic crossover.

You are able to:

* Run all channels in flat mode

* Run Ch's 1+2 High Pass or Flat and 3+4+5+6 in Low Pass

* Run Chs 1+2 High Pass or Flat, Chs 3+4 High Pass, Band Pass or Flat and Chs 5+6 Low Pass

* Run all channels Low Pass

* Channels 5+6 can have 2 or 4 RCA inputs

* Channels 5+6 can have their Low pass crossover deleted when used with head units having built low pass crossovers.

* Run all channels flat

* Run all channels low pass

* Pairs of channels are bridgeable for 600w 4 ohm operation for a total of 1,800w - many guys prefer to run their woofers from separate channels as it makes impedance mixing/matching easier.

Example you have THREE 4 ohm woofers. What do you do? Run them in parallel at 1.3 ohm = tough load for most amplifiers (Ever compared the sound of a nominal 1 ohm sub to that of a 4 or even 8 ohm sub - the 1 ohm sounds really bad!

Solution with this or the two channel amplifier. Run two woofers in parallel on one channel and the third on the second channel when using the 250w/ch amplifier OR simply do the same with the 6 channel amplifier with a bunch of channels to spare OR run each woofer on a pair of bridged channels with 600w to each woofer.

------------------------

Kronos information listed on Zedaudiocorp.com:

This amplifier shall be able to multi task. It will do the duties of a traditional 2 channel amp with High Pass, Low Pass and Band Pass functions.

It will have loop through outputs for daisy chaining multiple amplifiers.

In addition it will do what traditional mono block sub amps do and a variable 24dB/octave subsonic crossover and low frequency equalizer are added to the signal path.

The loop through sockets become the 3rd and 4th inputs for constant subwoofer fading

The amplifier shall be small and light and very efficient. A radically new power supply design is being employed in all our new amplifiers.

KRONOS has a new circuit which constantly monitors and measures the impedance of the speaker.

If the voltage x current product exceeds the safe limits of the amplifier, then instructions are sent to the power supply to modify its characteristics so that the amplifier remians in a stable opertaing condition.

Production pictures of both models:

K1.jpg

L1.jpg

update:

Running Group Buy Total: 5

jaybee - (1) Leviathan

hispls - (1) Leviathan

Hayabusa - (1) Kronos

bromo - (1) Leviathan

rugdnit - (1) Leviathan

Edited by denim
new pictures and total

What's the deal with shipping if I were to get into a Leviathan?

As we don't have the final weights, we will address shipping costs a little later.

Sent my deposit for Leviathan.

Awesome! :)

I joined the group buy offically yay! Come on guys lets get some great amps. :-D

Updated the 1st post again. :)

Sent a deposit for a leviathan.

We are up to 4 already! :)

So thinking about this. I'm wanting to drive 2-12s with a S3ohm coil each, 2-8s S8ohm coil each, and 2-compression drivers s8ohm coil each. Need to stay in the 2 amp set up. So thinking use a Lev- bridge 3+4 and 5+6 mono for 600w per sub, use channels 1 and 2 for the compression drivers and use a Kronos for the mid bass? or get 2 Lev's and bridge bot to 3 channels and use each amp to drive one side of the car. Which would you recommend? Guess I might have to sell my Sundown's

Edited by orangelss

how long is the group buy?

>>> We will end the Group Buy when 24 amplifiers are claimed in the Group Buy or three (3) weeks after the first production units are shipped, which ever comes first. That way those who are in on the Group Buy don't wait that long.

So thinking about this. I'm wanting to drive 2-12s with a S3ohm coil each, 2-8s S8ohm coil each, and 2-compression drivers s8ohm coil each. Need to stay in the 2 amp set up. So thinking use a Lev- bridge 3+4 and 5+6 mono for 600w per sub, use channels 1 and 2 for the compression drivers and use a Kronos for the mid bass? or get 2 Lev's and bridge bot to 3 channels and use each amp to drive one side of the car. Which would you recommend? Guess I might have to sell my Sundown's

One of each or two Leviathans for more flexibility down the road. 6 channel amp with this output with a small footprint leaves a lot of options open. Realy a 2 channel and 6 channel should give you plenty of options as well.

One thing to consider if the last run of Zed amps is any indicator I suspect the Leviathans will hold the most re-sale value (try to get hold of a Draconia...and that's only 4 channel!!)

Considering what a POS the Alpine PDX 5 channel is (and at half the output) and what those sell for I think the Leviathan is a steal.

Edited by hispls

I thought i give u guys a heads up. I talked to Mantz and customs is holding the shipment and he hopes to start building the amplifiers next week.

Edited by sqjeep

This just landed in our inbox:

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Finally we had our shipment of parts released from customs. They arrive today. It takes us a few days to begin the actual production.

We shall have amplifiers coming off the line later this week. Since each amplifier is hand built and tested we will not ramp up production quantities significantly.

We shall keep all appraised on our progress.

Those who have pre paid for their product will receive it first.

Yours truly,

Stephen Mantz

So then we can figure that the groupbuy will be open for another 4wks more or less?

Yes, this gives the people holding out until others have bought them a little time.

Sounds good, i wanted a timeline to budget by. Thanks for getting this going for us. Hopefully more people will throw in and help make it worth while.

Sounds good, i wanted a timeline to budget by. Thanks for getting this going for us. Hopefully more people will throw in and help make it worth while.

That was the plan. :)

In the meantime, manual for the NEW amps here:

Brix were shat.

I tried to look at the manual above and it said I don't have permission to view the attachment. Why is that?

Loads of interest via PM and email. I get the feeling that the moment the first pictures are released people are going to go for it. All we need is 10 total units claimed in the group buy, and everyone gets 10% off.

In the meantime, manual for the NEW amps here:

Brix were shat.

I tried to look at the manual above and it said I don't have permission to view the attachment. Why is that?

I just updated permissions, try it now.