ndnbolla

12w6v2 or 12 rl-p

i was thinking of getting one 12w6v2 and putting it in a sealed enclosure of about 1.25 cu. ft. This would be powerd by a nine.1 at a 2 ohm load giving a max of 900w, I will probably give it much less by adjusting gains.

however now i am thinking of getting one 12" rl-p. what type of enclosure would you recommend to get the best sq out of this beast. would this sq match that of the 12w6v2 or get even close?

by the way the 12" rl-p will be wired in a 1 ohm load to a nine.1 which could give it a max of 1200w but I probably wont give it that much.

also can I assume that the 1 12" rl-p will have greater SPL then 1 12W6v2 when placed in similiar situations?

very compareable...

teh 1.25ft^3 sealed would be sweet for the rl-p, the one ohm load might be an issue...mike has discontinued the d2's..and even though he did a group buy, he's going to hold onto any extra subs for a bit for warranty/service issues..

HOWEVER, drop him a line, mike@soundsplinter.com , jus tto be sure...

back to the w6 vs rl-p......

in all honesty, personal preferance is going to determine a winner. both have a great potential for being loud and sounding extremely good...the rl-p in 1.25ft^3 does get nasty,nasty low and loud (mine is in 1.25ft^3)....and mike is just way cooler then jl audio..

and proabaly cheaper too...

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

very compareable...

teh 1.25ft^3 sealed would be sweet for the rl-p, the one ohm load might be an issue...mike has discontinued the d2's..and even though he did a group buy, he's going to hold onto any extra subs for a bit for warranty/service issues..

in all honesty, personal preferance is going to determine a winner. both have a great potential for being loud and sounding extremely good...the rl-p in 1.25ft^3 does get nasty,nasty low and loud (mine is in 1.25ft^3)....and mike is just way cooler then jl audio..

well the 1 Ohm thing isn't that big of an issue. At a 2 Ohm load the Nine.1 can give out 900w which should be good for the rl-p right?

Personal preference, sq is more important to me than spl. However...

Currently my brother and I share a vehicle and he bought two 12" Type R's (the 04 models). They are powered by a nine.1 and seem pretty loud in their ~1 cu ft. each enclosure.

Now I am about to get my own car and plan to get a system for it. We can get very competitive at times and so what I want is a sub that oust those two subs for the same price in SQ and SPL.

So if I were to port or even keep it sealed the one RL-P 12" and feed it 900w could it out do those damned Type R's.

900 to an rl-p would get it kicking, the subs wouldnt require so much power to get it going. 900 is perfect. i have something that im selling, drop me a pm if u wanna know.

very compareable...

well the 1 Ohm thing isn't that big of an issue. At a 2 Ohm load the Nine.1 can give out 900w which should be good for the rl-p right?

Personal preference, sq is more important to me than spl. However...

Currently my brother and I share a vehicle and he bought two 12" Type R's (the 04 models). They are powered by a nine.1 and seem pretty loud in their ~1 cu ft. each enclosure.

Now I am about to get my own car and plan to get a system for it. We can get very competitive at times and so what I want is a sub that oust those two subs for the same price in SQ and SPL.

So if I were to port or even keep it sealed the one RL-P 12" and feed it 900w could it out do those damned Type R's.

like chinny mentioned...900wrms is plenty for the rl-p to really get it going..

if ur trying to outdo two 12's with one 12 in sq (i think the rl-p would achieve that) and output (this is going to be tough) i'd have to recommend vented. 2-2.25ft^3 tuned to 34hz would be really nice with 900wrms. but i still dunno if one rl-p will out do two type r's in overall output.

of course, u could always get a pair of d4 rl-p's, wire to one ohm, put them in 1.25ft^3 sealed each and more then likely whoop those type r's fairly easily, IMO.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Mikes customer service is enough for me to choose the RL-p over the JL, since the subs are close in performance but I am assuming the RL-p is much better priced

Mikes  customer service is enough for me to choose the RL-p over the JL, since the subs are close in performance but I am assuming the RL-p is much better priced

I have decided that I will be getting two 12" RL-Ps (D4) and will be putting them each in a 1.3 cu. ft. enclosure with each of them getting atleast 600 rms (1200x1 at 1 Ohm with nine.1)

Thanks for everyone who helped and maybe some of you will help me some more in designing/building a box in another thread I created:

Mikes

awesome choice...

now if only everyone else hops on the bandwagon! ;)