mrray13

SoundSplinter bandwagon

effendi's post about soundsplinter's bandwagon (which i like to think i'm partially responsible for) got me to thinking...

notice anything different about this one compared to others?

like, noone claims the soundsplinter sub is the endall to woofers? the rl-p is a great driver, everybody mentions that, but in certain cases i've seen other subs recommended over it (myself included). be it power issues, money issues or whatever...

is this a reflection of the owner? i mean, he'll go so far as to say his driver isn't the one a person wants based upon projected application. he'll also sign his subs, which is totally cool, IMO.

i guess what i'm getting at is this, most bandwagons tend to announce the current brand as the only brand. that whichever particular sub is being touted is the only sub to have. for everything. then expectations get real high and if/when the sub doesn't deliver......now u feel like u got robbed.

with this one, it's more honest. while the expectation of a great sounding sub is pretty high, it's not outside of reason to expect that. and it's not touted as the end all for subs. whenever soundsplinter is recommended, it almost always seems as though other's are listed. and if a person makes a pretty specific requirement, a few times i've seen ppl say that soundsplinter isn't the best option...

well, with all this rambling...i think this is a well deserved and honest bandwagon. one i'm glad to be on. for the product and the person.

ok..i'm done..

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Lately all the sheDanigans at Adire, etc. have thrown me off their bandwagon. I was gladly never on the RE bandwagon. I'm not one to say that one product or brand is superiour.

I have to say Mike's modesty, and honesty helps a lot. This "bandwagon" (if it is even realistic to call it so) is more or less just a few incidents of a positive reccomendation of SoundSplinters product, rather than a swooning fanboy claiming his company is the be-all-end-all manufacturer. I think Mike has done a fine job, and it really looks like he has learned from many others' mistakes.

In short, I'm with you on this one mrray...I'm on the SoundSplinter "bandwagon".

..now to just get my rl-ps.

right on the money mmray.

from the christmas raffle, to the exelent products, to the INCREDIBLE customer support, the discounts he offers (package deals, referral deals) and even to the signatures.

mike has got to be one of the best CEO's ive ever talked to. hell... now that i think of it, i dont think ive ever talked tot he CEO of a car audio company, nearest ive been is tracey from kicker (iirc, 6th from top on the totem pole).

i think that in itself is one of the biggest reasons that soundsplinter is getting such a good rep. from people like us here at SSaudio who talk to mike all the time, and he responds like he was just a guy whos interested, not the CEO of the subject of conversation.

hands donw to him, because he made hardware because we asked for it. his low(er) cost, higher quality, exelent customer service, high efficence, good SPL, great SQ products are what tout us to recommend him.

i think that if it was just the product, and mike never said a word or replied to us individually like he does, i dont think that he would be recommended as much. i mean think of ID, OZaudio, mmats, zapco, tru - these comapnys have awesome products of high quality - like soundpslinter, but they arent even CLOSE to the customer service that mike has. true, they probably have good CS - but i doubt you can call the CEO and ask him how much his new woofer will cost :wub:

mike - you handle your buisness like the honest american company should. IMO - soundsplinter is a rolemodel for the entire world - regardless to what product is comming out the other end. :fing34:

well as I look around the web on other sites, RL-ps are mentioned or posted pictures, but it is still a small presence, nothing like the immediate on slaught by the Ascendant Audio, Chad is a good guy, but I don't know all the details, but AA has a much larger presence,

thats whats cool about PowerBass, Stereo Integrity and Sound Splinter, they all make a great product, the service is top notch and not every chuckle head out there runs them, this leaving a level of exclusivity, and req made a good statement more companies should be like these guys

Kicker has excellent customer service but they sell on a level greater than the above three combined (different mission)

from the christmas raffle, to the exelent products, to the INCREDIBLE customer support, the discounts he offers (package deals, referral deals) and even to the signatures.

mike has got to be one of the best CEO's ive ever talked to. hell... now that i think of it, i dont think ive ever talked tot he CEO of a car audio company, nearest ive been is tracey from kicker (iirc, 6th from top on the totem pole).

i think that in itself is one of the biggest reasons that soundsplinter is getting such a good rep. from people like us here at SSaudio who talk to mike all the time, and he responds like he was just a guy whos interested, not the CEO of the subject of conversation.

hands donw to him, because he made hardware because we asked for it. his low(er) cost, higher quality, exelent customer service, high efficence, good SPL, great SQ products are what tout us to recommend him.

i think that if it was just the product, and mike never said a word or replied to us individually like he does, i dont think that he would be recommended as much. i mean think of ID, OZaudio, mmats, zapco, tru - these comapnys have awesome products of high quality - like soundpslinter, but they arent even CLOSE to the customer service that mike has. true, they probably have good CS - but i doubt you can call the CEO and ask him how much his new woofer will cost  :wub:

mike - you handle your buisness like the honest american company should. IMO - soundsplinter is a rolemodel for the entire world - regardless to what product is comming out the other end.  :fing34:

Oh....so you've switched camps now...and now you're an SS whore (nothing wrong...just making an observation...)

You still = teh noobest

NG

:lol2:

Thanks for the virtual strokin' of the ego :joshers3:

No, but really - thanks for the kind words. Money is all well and good, but when you're making people happy and shown appreciation - well hell, that just kicks ass and gives me the drive to keep on keepin' on! :ready2go::fing34:

:wub:

Thanks for the virtual strokin' of the ego

i gotta get me some SS subs so i can jump on the band wagon too

who wants to buy an SX? :)

Mike is definitely the coolest CEO around

just wait till i get my hands on those rl-p 15's, all the people in my school will want them

I <3 Mike :wub:

All this talk got my emotions flowing freely :hay:

Seriously though, kent is probably the reason I got a soundsplinter and now that I have one there have been tons of people that have seen my threads and have become interested in soundplinter. IT seems like every person I tell to email Mike comes back and tells me they are sold. He's just to good of a guy to say no to I guess. :lol2: Also, the product itself is awesome. Normally, I get sick of stuff really quick for whatever reason. I have had my rl-p for months now and I still love it as much, no actually more than the day I got it.

keep up the great work Mike B)

Yup, I think the reason this bandwagon is alive is because of mikes service... actually thats 100% why. The reason I bought my rl-p was entirely based on that alone. I have no experiance with any woofer brands... I knew whatever I got it will be fine so im glad I made my way here, and got a chance to talk to mike, rather than give my hard earned money to some dick else wear.

Thanks for the virtual strokin' of the ego

I myself didn't just jump on the bandwagon. I started to like SS once i saw mrray's post about the rl-p vs. xxx back at the ca.com s few months ago. I also loved how clean they looked back then and they look even cleaner now.

I planned on getting the 2 10" rl-i's (small mounting depth) and then putting them behind the tailights and all flush in a fiberglass enclosure. Then I thought that would take too much time of which I don't have. So then I thought maybe I'll just get a 12W6v2 (awesome SQ which is what I am going for) and save myself a hassle buy just putting it in a sealed enclosure. But I realized I wanted something a little louder and so you know what I ended up with.

Plus the fact that Mike appreciates all of his business and makes the customer first made the decision even easier.

i think that if it was just the product, and mike never said a word or replied to us individually like he does, i dont think that he would be recommended as much. i mean think of ID, OZaudio, mmats, zapco, tru - these comapnys have awesome products of high quality - like soundpslinter, but they arent even CLOSE to the customer service that mike has. true, they prolly have good CS - but i doubt you can call the CEO and ask him how much his new woofer will cost

What bandwagon?

IIRC, I am still the only person to own a Soundsplinter product in Canada. That makes it fun to explain to some people, and also kind of cool.

As far as I am concerned, the customer service and the attention to detail is what has all of us loving Mike's products, and will continue to bring new people in.

Just seeing Mike's business grow is awesome, because of all the work he puts in to give us these terrific products at a very reasonable price. Not only that, he makes you feel like not only a customer, but a member of his company.

:poop:

I don't look at it as a bandwagon at all.

I see it as a reflection of Mike's customer service and willingness to go out of his way to ensure that each and every interested and potential customer is taken care of. At least that's what I've seen over the past couple months.

i think sooner or later mike will come out with some amps and maybe 18's :)

Dreams dont cost anything.

I am still the only person to own a Soundsplinter product in Canada.

Thats awesome, mines being shipped soon though :(

Just curious what is the official Canadian SS #? If neon rider is the only one, how many are getting with the group buy? am I 2? 4?

I want to brag too :fing34:

Where are ya located man?

x2.

And there's a guy on CA.com that has a pair - well, his location says "Vancouver", so either Vancouver, WA or Vancouver, BC.

Im in the peg (winnipeg) I used to live in Calgary, than Surrey... both of which had more to offer than winterpeg.

Neon your in saskatoon, and ss where are you at?