Sign in to follow this  
jdawgg22

port placement?

okay, so I drive a 1995 honda prelude. I just got my nightshade 12 about two weeks ago =], I am running it with the saz 1500, I have also done my big three. I feel my nightshade isn't at the full potential but, it could just be my box. Off the top of my head I can not tell you my demension, all I can tell you is that its 2cuft at 33hz. I am planning on building another box very soon. I would like to know what input anyone has on they're 12" nightshade and there boxes and how they sound, also anyone with a prelude and where the have there sub mounted and the port faceing.

Thanks,

Jordan

I gutted out the backseats, port and woofer firing forward! Box and tunning is right on point! Push box 3-4 inches from back have port behind fold down seat. start from there! You got a pm!

I gutted out the backseats, port and woofer firing forward! Box and tunning is right on point! Push box 3-4 inches from back have port behind fold down seat. start from there! You got a pm!

right on. love the emphases on every sentence. so which was Is forward, towards the cab or trunk opening. I don't want to gut it out incase I wanna jam someone in the back and I mean jam. thanks for the pm. btw what are you running?

towards the cab, port is on passenger side.

towards the cab, port is on passenger side.

hmmmmm. well what about port going into cab a sub on top. I don't know about facig sub into the back seat. you have any lude parts you aren't using?

I'll have to look around and get a list to you. Watcha you need?

I'll have to look around and get a list to you. Watcha you need?

oh, I'm just talking about aftermarket parts. I'm a cheap ass. lol but what do you think about the sub firing up, that's how I have it now.

I thought about that with a 15, I don't think it would 'cause a problem loose the rear deck speakers. I've seen a few trunks with the woofers firing up, crx style boxes.

I thought about that with a 15, I don't think it would 'cause a problem loose the rear deck speakers. I've seen a few trunks with the woofers firing up, crx style boxes.

i did subs up port up in a trunk. draw back theres not much room up and down, and it does a number on the rear deck. get rid of any deck speckers and cut out stuff if you can gett the pressure out of the trunk