Sign in to follow this  
allstock

E8 sub ported enclosure help

Hi everyone,

I just picked up an E8 subwoofer and I want to build a ported box for it, just a basic rectangular design with a slot port. The specs call for a .60 ft^3 tuned to 30 Hz, but when I use my vent calculator, the port length is very long (100", using a port of 10.5" tall by 2" wide). My box can't be bigger than 30"W x 12"H x 12"D because of space limitations. Would I be able to make a good sounding box for the sub that won't exceed my max dimensions? Any suggestions?

I was wondering what kind of specs (actual box size, net ft^3, tuning, etc.) are you single E8 users running? This will be my daily sub, so I'm looking for SQ, but still want it to wang for a single 8". Thanks.

how about a 2.5inch dia Aero port? being 22inch long or even a 2inch aero port being 14inch's long

no problem man but i am not sure if 1 2inch would be enuogh maybe do 2 2inch if you need more also don't forget to subtract the space the port takes up in your box and drive displacement! i hope that makes sense and i even hope i am not wrong! lol but if i am there are plenty of guru on here who can do this stuff with thier eyes closed!

I've never used aeroports but if my math serves me right an aero port that H2.5" x W2.5" x L17" and the box is H12" x W20" x D12" the port would run along the back of the box firing to a side I get running numbers of:

Total air space = 1.19ft ^3

Port Volume = 0.16ft^3

Port Area = 11-15in^2

Port Area = 6.35in^2

Net Air Space for Chamber = .94ft^3

Tuning Freq = 30.60 Hz

This is using 3/4" mdf

Someone correct if I am wrong, please.

Sign in to follow this