Zach Gates

15" Death Row enclosure, in a Honda Fit hatchback

Money's a touch tight at the mo'. I know $30 worth of wood and $10 of carpeting isn't that much, but when things are tight ya gotta save every dollar you can, y'know?

So my thinking is I'll try it out. If it sounds bad, seems to bottom out or anything of that nature, I scrap it and start over.

No trust me I understand what your saying and completely agree. But after reading you had a port problem(it became wider or narrower), the box needed more caulk in some areas more than other(may lead to leaks). Remember the box will be what makes or breaks this install and how well it performs or sounds thats all Im saying so eventually that 30 or 40 dollars will go along way (if you do build another box just build it and dont waste that 10dollars on covering it until you know its the box you will be keeping). Just my .02

Edited by jay-cee

You may very well be right, my man. It'll be very touch and go at first. Constant checking for leaks, checking all the this and thats. The real gap between boards was, appropriately enough, at the port up near the bend. That thing was a real PITA overall. :angry22:

Actually, truth be told, I may do a complete redesign down the road, it all depends. The last thing I want to do is wreck a great sub. If this seems to work at least in the short haul, then so it shall. But I admit what I'd REALLY like to do eventually is make a longer, flatter box. Take up the entire floor of the hatch and not reach so high.

Since I won't be buying the sub for a little while, it gives me time to think it over, if I want to consider this one "practice" and rebuild or try a new design or whatever else. Thanks for the input man. :fing34:

Any finished pics? Im looking for some more to add to our Myspace page!