Fonzi

My Rl-p

Do you know if Mike will do custom coils? I'll shoot him a email if he dosnt reply by tonight.

Unfortunately no. It just takes too much time and added cost to make it worthwhile. It's enough of a headache trying to get my relatively large orders off the line.. trying to squeeze in single units here and there only serves to complicate the process and in turn drive the people down at TC, and myself, nuts :Doh::P

My apologies, but for now the 8's are all D4's.

Cant argue with that

I think it would be beastly to have an RL-i as a computer sub, I wish I could do it myself, but my Harmon Kardon set up has the controls on the sub houseing and it is not a normal enclosure :(

I might end up going with a Koda 8, the amp isnt 2ohm stable. My only concern is im nto overly fimiliar with the logitech sub thats in it and if there would be a comparareble difference going with the koda. Because for a computer set up this sub does hammer. maybe even RE could do a custom coil RE 8 sub for me, or even better maybe a ID V.3!!!

i want to try and get that logitech sub out of there, but it wont budge

UPDATE: This is a phenominal woofer hands down, Accurate and low only begin to touch on what this woofer can do. It also has a very unique sound that I really like.

Tried a ported box that was way to large for the woofer, 3.5 net @32hz, didnt like it at all. Gave that all of about 2 hours in my car before I switched it out for the large sealed. I am interested to see how this sounds ina a smaller ported tuned lower 2.5 net @~28hz.

Slugged the large sealed and woofer became more responsive to note changes and took away some of the "boomieness", it was nice but not what I was looking for.

Overall I do like my large sealed the most, Ive been able to tune most of the muddieness out of the system, so Im happy as a pig in chit with it. Amp is now turned up about half way with just a hair of bass boost being used. This is the first metal coned woofer that I've used and I'm not sure if that has something to do with the perticular sound but whatever it is I like it.

Chinny: The logitech sub is glued in there, you just have to break the seal.

UPDATE: This is a phenominal woofer hands down, Accurate and low only begin to touch on what this woofer can do. It also has a very unique sound that I really like.

Tried a ported box that was way to large for the woofer, 3.5 net @32hz, didnt like it at all. Gave that all of about 2 hours in my car before I switched it out for the large sealed. I am interested to see how this sounds ina a smaller ported tuned lower 2.5 net @~28hz.

Slugged the large sealed and woofer became more responsive to note changes and took away some of the "boomieness", it was nice but not what I was looking for.

Overall I do like my large sealed the most, Ive been able to tune most of the muddieness out of the system, so Im happy as a pig in chit with it. Amp is now turned up about half way with just a hair of bass boost being used. This is the first metal coned woofer that I've used and I'm not sure if that has something to do with the perticular sound but whatever it is I like it.

awesome! i like how ur trying several different configs out...

for my twelve i've used 1.25ft^3 sealed, 2.5ft^3 @ 28hz and 2ft^3 @ 34 hz....the sealed and 2ft^3 ported being my favorites...i imagine the 15 will do nicely in 2.5ft^3 @ 28hz..the 12 got insanely low in all three, but IMO, got really muddy as the volume was turned up in the 28hz box (the xxx did the same) and not real loud. but wow was it awesome in the 34hz box!!

and i agree, i think the metallic cone does indeed add a bit of it's own sound..whatever it is, i likes it too!!!

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

huh...i got mine in 3.25ft net @27Hz and i absolutly love it!

For me the audiable DB difference was minimal, it did get louder but it did sound like crap too. The large sealed is doing everything I like and more.

For me the audiable DB difference was minimal, it did get louder but it did sound like crap too. The large sealed is doing everything I like and more.

how is yours set up? trunk, hatch, up, back???

mine is firing forward(port & subs), kinda half wall.

and i have had them in a 5 ft sealed, 5ft @ 37Hz, 6ft @ 23Hz, 6ft @ 31Hz, and know 6.5ft @ 27Hz.i have noticed a MINIMAL drop in SQ...but it wasn't enough for me to worry about compared to the HUGE increase in output...diff setups, diff cars, diff results.

it might just be the diff between 1 and 2 RL-p's

98 Camry, Centered firing at hatch, approx ~500 watts. there was definitly an increase in output, I shouldn't have said minimal because it was quite apparent. But I dont go around listening to my stereo that loud all the time either, so the sealed was fine with me :)

98 Camry, Centered firing at hatch, approx ~500 watts. there was definitly an increase in output, I shouldn't have said minimal because it was quite apparent. But I dont go around listening to my stereo that loud all the time either, so the sealed was fine with me :)

ok, i gotcha :fing34:

i on the other hand DO go around listening to it loud all the time!

Completely understandable when I had my SUV's I did the same exact thing. But now my hearing is damaged, and as Mitch Hedberg would say "thats not cool"

But I do plan on getting a late 80's S-10 Blazer to make a SPL truck with. Just to have not to drive really.