SoundSplinter

Supreme Series LMT Prototype Pictures

Then we would have to take the proper action ;)

you mean steal and kill ;)

mike - yoiu better be on the right side of things :lol:

but seriously, can we get some tape-measure pics? and why the lightning audio basket? im quite fond of the eclipse one. i dont really like the 16-spoker anymroe. but the 6spoke 18's are teh sexy.

wanna recone one to an 18 for me ?? :D

just kiddin!

.. and Effendi, since we have indeed changed up the design a bit I don't want to speculate on the spec's until we get the new custom parts in for the new mock-up.. but by the looks of things, the initial inductance concerns that were had by a few seem to be moot, as the prototypes we measured last week came out at around 1.6 mH :) 

Nick, why the surprise on that surround?  This baby's gotta have room to groove with the amount of excursion she'll be offering!  wink2.gif:slayer:

that makes me very happy... i hate inductance, in any style of driver :D

I was only caught off guard because I was told by a TC rep that they would not use "that style" of surround. The overtone was that it was sourced from resonance. But this was quite a few months ago.

I agree with You on the wiggle room :D

holy crap!!

Explorer for sale!!!!!!!!!!

Not to sound like an arseho or anything - But it's rather comical that another company couldn't get their chit together to get these woofers produced...and you seem to not have any issues in doing so...

Funny stuff....good luck with it...i suggest beating the bloody hell out of the aluminum coned driver and making sure it isn't going to buckle before you produce them. And when i say bloody hell, don't hold anything back on it...

holy chicken juice....that sub looks nice...i guess when u design a sub that moves 38mm in one direction u gotta have a basket thats going to have the clearance

Looks nice Mike. It'll be interesting to see how it performs. If beating the piss out of one is needed, I do have a QSX PLX-3402. :)

I am fosho a fan of that white and silver cone. didnt know what to think at first but its kinda growing on me.

keep up the sweet work mike lookin hawt :D

Beefy.

When you wanna see those in the lanes, lemme know...

Looks nice Mike. It'll be interesting to see how it performs. If beating the piss out of one is needed, I do have a QSX PLX-3402. :)

get in on the demo ring! I would love to hear your input on these drivers and the best way to get that is to try them out firsthand (which I plan on doing, but hey, what the hell do I know?)

Indeed, anyone who would like to demo the new Supreme series should fire over an email and give me their full name, shipping address, a list of references, and a short explanation as to why they would like to test it out just for sh

that sucks about the basket the white and silver cone on it would have looked dam sexy. what if the demo sub os damaged does the damager pay for repair

Eclipse style basket becuase they paid for all of the tooling on that basket.  As a result, it would infringe upon their legal rights if anyone were to sell a driver using that basket for car audio applications.

Hehe B)

what if the demo sub os damaged does the damager pay for repair

So far as damage is concerned, cosmetic damage is not a problem. But if that woofer comes back with a fried coil I will be mighty pissed! In fact, thank you for bringing this up - if the driver comes back with a burnt coil or you dropped it and the basket cracks or other parts break, I will be charging a $175 fee to the party responsible - I will be absorbing some of the cost of course, but I don't want people to be reckless with the driver, which they might if they think that they can just destroy the damn thing! :Doh:

:lol2: Steve, you and a few others have got lucky with that basket! Save for strict home theater woofers, TC keeps that one reserved for Eclipse grin.gif

Steve & My own 'Uber' custom TC is a home theatre driver ;)

We are just greedy LoL

You, sir, have an email. :D

-Nick

How about the current basket unpainted? Silver on Silver with a silver basket!

req, I am not using the Eclipse style basket becuase they paid for all of the tooling on that basket.  As a result, it would infringe upon their legal rights if anyone were to sell a driver using that basket for car audio applications.  :Doh:

well thats too bad for me :nopity:

oh well. chekc your email. i am very esited :ohsnap:

mike I sent a second emil for good luck

mike I sent a second emil for good luck

Don't forget my e-mail I sent weeks ago Mike ;) hehehehehe...oh and Make sure it's the summer address! Thanks again!

-NG

Yep, I'm keeping all demo requests on file for when the time comes.

I will of course get in touch with everyone as the time draws nearer to ensure that you will be home and at the address provided! ;)

Sit tight! :gift:

Not to sound like an arseho or anything - But it's rather comical that another company couldn't get their chit together to get these woofers produced...and you seem to not have any issues in doing so...

Funny stuff....good luck with it...i suggest beating the bloody hell out of the aluminum coned driver and making sure it isn't going to buckle before you produce them. And when i say bloody hell, don't hold anything back on it...

Mike slammed his big brother LMT 15" for quite some time with a US Amps 2000X until he traded it to me. The aluminum cones hold up just fine, especially since we've got the originals with 10" spiders and more stroke. The surround on these puppies alone is ungodly.

I'd have to say i'll have an RL-S in the future.

:lol2: Steve, you and a few others have got lucky with that basket!  Save for strict home theater woofers, TC keeps that one reserved for Eclipse grin.gif

Quite lucky ... in fact, there's even a story behind that one you may even know about :P

Finally got around to sending you an e-mail about getting into the demo ring for the Rl-s :D

I thought the proprietary right contract for eclipse on that basket was up this past year? I've seen the basket on many other woofers used in the car audio ring...not just proto's either...

I guess they could have re-upped it though..