Sign in to follow this  
Notorious97200

secondary battery

Hi,

I'm planning to do the big3 upgrade this week end, but I would like to have a secondary battery in my trunk.

I don't know the size of my stock alternator, but I don't want to change it.

I have 2 amplifiers with around 1200 watts rms.

Someone here, told me that it would not be really good to buy a Honda civic size battery for either secondary or primary battery.

What should I chose? It is not to play with the engine off for long time, just to have a little more power.

What do you think? a secondary one (whicv one), or just a big primary one (which one) ?

Thanks for your help.

BTW : I have a XS batt dealer in my country, and he is really into caraudio!

Get a Stinger Spv70, Kinetik Hc2400, XS, Batteries (d3100),Dekka Intimidator, NorthStar batteries. There are so many batteries to choose from, just see what you can get for the best price.

Edited by mazda6i07

What are your limitations?If you just want a little more battery reserve, I would recommend a XS Power 3400 or 2700 in the back.Have you already replaced the factory battery in the stock location with an aftermarket one?

What are your limitations?If you just want a little more battery reserve, I would recommend a XS Power 3400 or 2700 in the back.Have you already replaced the factory battery in the stock location with an aftermarket one?

I have not replaced the factory battery.

I have enough power to play with engine on. I just want to run a secondary battery to play my system with the engine off for a few moment. I don't need to play like that for hours long, let's say for 30 to 60 minutes "only" !

That is why I thought a secondary battery would be good. But I am afraid of the alternator power : would it be able to reload a rear battery ?

I will use an isolator to protect my primary battery when the car is off.

I have not replaced the factory battery.

I have enough power to play with engine on. I just want to run a secondary battery to play my system with the engine off for a few moment. I don't need to play like that for hours long, let's say for 30 to 60 minutes "only" !

That is why I thought a secondary battery would be good. But I am afraid of the alternator power : would it be able to reload a rear battery ?

I will use an isolator to protect my primary battery when the car is off.

I would recommend replacing the front battery with the model that best fits the factory location. Once the front battery has been chosen, I would choose a secondary battery that best suits your amperage needs. To power 2400W for 60min contiuous without the engine running you will need a pretty large secondary bank to keep the voltage to the amps happy. I would recommend starting with a D3100 and see how that works out. If you need more run time, you can always add more!

I understand that it-s not easy to play with the engine off.

So I decided to just buy the battery that best fits my factory location, an XS or a Kinetic and to see how is my electrical system after that.

The secondary battery will come later, when the money comes!!!

Thanks a lot !