Sign in to follow this  
Boomboxx

Building a wall in a 1974 Morris Mini

Hi, guys!

Seeing that I'm currently in the position of selling my eD 19Ov.2's, I have to find something else to put in my walled Mini.

Didn't even get to test the 19Ov.2's, but I have had a RL-p15 a couple of years ago, and it's the best subwoofer I've ever owned. And the loudest. ^^

So, now I wonder - for a wall (I can use it as "IB" too (very large sealed box), as there's quite a lot of room behind it):

1 (or 2) RL-p18's

OR

1 RL-s15?

I've heard so much about the RL-s, I really want to try it out! But would it beat a RL-p18 in output? And what about 2 RL-p's?

Thanks! :)

The RL-s, has high output potential, but does need a decent amount of power and a large enclosure. I think the RL-p might be the better choice for this install.

The RL-s, has high output potential, but does need a decent amount of power and a large enclosure. I think the RL-p might be the better choice for this install.

Yes, I was leaning towards that myself. I want SQ, but really loud. Hence the wall. ^^ I do have a big enclosure, around 8-10cu.ft I think? Maybe less... Dunno. The amp is a PG RSd1200.1, 1200W RMS@2ohm. Would you go dual 4 ohm VC and run @ 1 ohm?

I think I might go for 2 RL-p18's then. Gotta check if Mike'll give me a nice offer on the shipping again. I live in Europe. :) Thanks... :)

By the way, I don't see how people can say RL-p series isn't good for SPL, in 2.5cu.ft., tuned to 34-35hz, I got 144.4dB @ 51hz on a TermLAB in my old Civic, with only 6-700W RMS... 60A fuse broke first when attempting 40hz. Hoping for 150 with two RL-p18's in a wall, then? :))))

The advantage of the RL-p is that it's loud but still sounds very good. As I said... best I've ever had. And I have 3 Morel Elate SW10 in my daily driver, which sound good, but don't get very loud (obviously).

I would not run that amp below 2 ohms.

I will be getting a TC LMS 3ohm coil driver this week to play with. Will report back when I do some testing.

Personally I'm running the TC2K's and wishing like hell I'd ponyed up the extra money for some LMS drivers.

Keep in mind adequate port area/volume for a pair of 18's tuned low will eat up a LOT of your 10-12ft.

RL-s?

RL-s?

My choice fell on a RE XXX-18... The RL-p 18's wasn't in stock at that time, and I had a chance to try something new at a reasonable price. :)

RL-s?

My choice fell on a RE XXX-18... The RL-p 18's wasn't in stock at that time, and I had a chance to try something new at a reasonable price. smile.gif

You could have tried the ssa xcon 18"peepwall.gif !

RL-s?

My choice fell on a RE XXX-18... The RL-p 18's wasn't in stock at that time, and I had a chance to try something new at a reasonable price. smile.gif

You could have tried the ssa xcon 18"peepwall.gif !

Would have been my vote.

Off topic, but doesnt the XXX have 54mm xmax one way? If so :faintthud:

It depends on the version he has.

It depends on the version he has.

It's a 2008 model... :)