MrMadscientist

2 death penalty 12's 1200 w clamped power

these subs r breakin in now. im only seeing 602 w out of each ddm1a subs r wired at at .7 each. truly awesome can't wait for my 20.1 's need them for finals. in db drag im unofficial spl. leader in bass race 130 to 139.9 now teamIA 7 th in the world for street max. its all about one battery thats true talent

IA's don't need much power to show-off, but when they get it watch-out! :fing34:

:fing34:you know thats righti think you should do a couple different frequencies just for me try 42 44 45 48 hz find out when that box gets stronger :fing34:

I did yesterday used a my wife's car as the mule. Used different frequences to see which one will set off the alarm 48 sets it off, but something about 46 that's makes the box sound funny, 47 & 49 makes the alarm chirp. 44 & 45 are okay nothing crazy happing!

http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sv6W_sQyFRc its all in the trunk the box is 6 cubes firing it off the back would be pointless its what the speakers i was using before it required that big encloser in any organization this car is considered a TRUNKER the back seat is in there and functional almost had the NSPL world record missed it by.2 db thats ok i'll get it next time watch this video tell me if this makes it interesting one T40001bd on 2 DD3512's this box is insane the set up tears down in about 35 mins. that box is heavy now with the dp's in it probably 200 lbs. easy.takes two to get it out of the car pretty funny actually

So how do you like the dp 12" 's? I am considering getting some of those next year. What kind of numbers are you expecting?

well i certified over a 150.4 with one battery and one amp . i hope to get back there im up to a 147.4 burp@44hz. and 146.5 clamped 602w on each one of the two DD m1a's supposed to be 1200rms@1 ohm . i only have a 1.4 ohm box rise. those amps fall way short. they only retail for 450$ retail thought they would be stronger. guess not, still nasty got a 146.5 music. the break in was hard but well worth it. these subs have a low notes like no other i can do a t-shirt trick with the low wattage set up I have now. video soon to come. you can look at my you tube channel. @MrMadscientist420 leave comment let me know what you think of that enclosure. i wont change this enclosure until after world finals. then the trunk is becoming a air mover with a sixth order bandpass tuned to 33 hz. i also have a STETSOM 7k2d im using for finals with one battery. hope to see a 153 fing05.gif

Nice! I'll definitely be getting those subs then, I had a feeling they are what I have been looking for. If you don't mind me asking, how is that box designed? I'd like to have a trunk enclosure like that, I cannot make a wall in the cabin at this time. Is it like a walled trunk, or an actual box? I was thinking of making a two stage box of sorts so I could utilize the tire well for volume. The second piece on top would have the baffles/ports and would seal to the first piece in the trunk if that makes any sense. Thanks man.

Firsty off let me say that this box is a normal enclosure sealed off from the trunk. the set up tears down in 35. min. its six cubes it big for those dp's . thats why the box is coming those subs like about a 4.25 cu. ft. enclosure tuned to 37 hz. my vehicle's resonant freq. is 49 hz. the bandpass is spikier into the 40+ hz. mark should work well with music and have enough spike for burp. man i love these subs

Thats alot of power.. I thought the DP's were only 1500 rms. How much can they actually handle daily for spl?

In some testing we've done here they have been able to take 7kw of so for burps. After that I'm not sure, we haven't had a chance to try anything over that yet. :)

Thanks,

Nick

DP

DP2

Was looking through the IA Forum pages and found this! Wonder how much the DR can take for spl?

Edited by ludeman

Hey thanks man. I hadn't thought of sealing the box from the trunk. I'll have to keep these specs in mind for when I get them.

no problem i'm always down to help whenever i can! when u get yours in try 6 cu.ft. 102 in. port area by 39L its a T port design tunes to 37 hz. STRONG :fing34:

these subs r breakin in now. im only seeing 602 w out of each ddm1a subs r wired at at .7 each. truly awesome can't wait for my 20.1 's need them for finals. in db drag im unofficial spl. leader in bass race 130 to 139.9 now team IA 7th in the world for street max. its all about one battery thats true talent

I heard them with the twin 20.1 last night! :woot:

thanx lude cant' wait to help you get on your way for the new build. it's gonna be insane with 4 20.1's ehh got a new vid of it check it out on you tube. its only about half way up i didnt want to make the neighbors uneasy pretty impressive though found out why the center console moves it brokein the back form the pressure ha ha clap.gif

Here we go!

Here we go!

that car is kinda ugly meh ok really ugly.

The sounds look like they sounds good. But meh i wouldnt wana be caught dead in a car looking like that :(. Even if it sounds good. Makes people look at it more.

it's the loudest thing in the trunk in the state 2 tenths short of a world record i got it now though. car is under construction. wife has been driving it have'nt finished it yet next new box ' paint' and new interior so before u knock it ask about it. money is slack and i dont see a hole lot of people with a rap sheet this car has so DON'T HATE :noob:

u can find it on you tube or my man beajay sent me to big pimpim on the *** forum it's comfortably numb BASS BOOSTED there r a lot of others too

u can find it on you tube or my man beajay sent me to big pimpim on the *** forum it's comfortably numb BASS BOOSTED there r a lot of others too

Thanks alot bro. BTW Love the setup. May I ask how you sealed it off from the trunk? Do you basically 'wall it' for lack of a better word?

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn: The rebuild has begun :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

yes the rebuild has begun already playin with different designs. i have a single 12 box built already with 5 in aero hand built sitting in 1.9 cu. ft. I put it up against 2 3512's in my homeboys car and was only about a db down from where he was. it's a bubble caprice and it turned the back of his car to jello . vids coming soon ill keep ya posted!!!!!