Not sure if this has been released yet, but, how is the inductance. I loved my XXX, but I got rid of it, for the fact that, even in a sealed enclosure it had little output above 60 hz. Is this Proto or RL-S going to be able to have a little more extension in the upper bass range?

Not sure if this has been released yet, but, how is the inductance. I loved my XXX, but I got rid of it, for the fact that, even in a sealed enclosure it had little output above 60 hz. Is this Proto or RL-S going to be able to have a little more extension in the upper bass range?

The only thing wrong I see with your questions is that a subwoofer is meant to play the sub bass frequencies. Now Mid-bass in meant to play what you are looking for. I would think that your best bet would be to get a better front stage speakers to blend better with the sub you purchase.

Indeed, inductance will not affect the performance of our subwoofers much if at all. However that said, it is looking like the inductance on the new RL-s drivers will be around 1.6 - 2 mH.. though this is a tentative remark as the initial proto's were up around 6 mH redeye.gif

Only time will tell ... but in the interests of keeping the most minds at ease, we will try to keep the inductance as low as possible.

Mike whatever you do, please don't make performance hindering allowances just to appease a few who are worried about xy or z parameters. Screw the numbers so long as it is a monster which from your descriptions it sounds like it will be. I know I personally trust in you to come up with a monster without adding my 2 cents on x parameter, even if I knew what the damn parameters meant.....

Psycho, believe me - this driver will be a monster. We're hoping (and truly believing) that these will be amongst the most capable woofers ever available worldwide. Virtually zero distortion, coupled with incredible output at reasonable power handling, and available for an honest price. Of course, we do have to consider the marketing of the product, which is why we will also try to tweak various parameters to appear more appealing to the average consumer (even if in truth, they don't make much of a difference). Nonetheless, you may rest assured that we will NOT compromise the functionality of the driver in order to attain every marketing goal. The quality of the product always comes first! :ready2go:

^^ im sold. Better get a second job.. right now.

Psycho, believe me - this driver will be a monster.  We're hoping (and truly believing) that these will be amongst the most capable woofers ever available worldwide.  Virtually zero distortion, coupled with incredible output at reasonable power handling, and available for an honest price.  Of course, we do have to consider the marketing of the product, which is why we will also try to tweak various parameters to appear more appealing to the average consumer (even if in truth, they don't make much of a difference).  Nonetheless, you may rest assured that we will NOT compromise the functionality of the driver in order to attain every marketing goal.  The quality of the product always comes first!  :ready2go:

Maybe I'll become your SoCal rep, I'll drive into every shop with a single 15 ported and tuned to 24Hz powered by a Viper 2500.1 (gained down of course) and while they are wondering what that warm sensation in their undies is, I'll sign them to a 4 year contract.

I want one of the "non market goals met" woofers ;)

i wish i can snag 2 of these 18's, i wish i had the money and the room