toytundra

Sub Comparison

Ok after much time being spent on a stealthy instal I have narrowed it down to the RL-i 10" and the Diamond Audio M6 10" this is the M6 not the M6 markII or the D6.

With the install depth, the air space limitations and the so forth these are the only two speakers I am considering.

Application, 3 - 10" subs will be running off a Zapco 9.0X the impedence of the subs is not an issue due to the amazing flexibility of this amplifier. Airspace will be roughly .5 cubic feet per sub net sealed. Fiberglass tub and console have already been made so the airspace is what I have and all I have.

Currently I already have one M6 which I bought to tied me over so I wouldnt be without bass. So if I choose to go with the M6 I would only need to purchase 1 more. I have found them online at onlinecarstereo.com for $200 a piece. So that would come out to $400 more to spend. While I would need three more of the Rl-i 10" which would come to $459. So the price is in the same range so I really dont care about the price difference.

I listen to almost all rap and hip/hop and have in the the past have had 2 12" type R and 1 15" Ed A. So I do like it decently loud but with space restriction sealed is my only option. I believe the sound quality will be so close between the two I won't be able to tell the difference.

Also I alway do love to have a brand most people dont know about so it makes SS all the more appealing. :+1:

Given these specific requirements which sub would be the better choice? Has anyone had experience with both subs that could give me a direct comparison? I do like the M6 as it is but have no experience with the Rl-i 10"

Thanks for any feedback

that's going to be a tough decision...

i like both products immensely, but mike's CS at SS is above reproach. that however, has nothing to do with the sub's performance...and i really can't help ya there. i have only heard the diamonds in store and i own an rl-i 8 (and a rl-p12).....both are really nice subs.

maybe someone with touch more experience with the subs can help..my vote is the rl-i for obvious reasons..lol...

good luck and welcome to the forum!!

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

welcome to the site, and maybe you should check out the RL-i video mike posted up here, pretty impressive for the little amount of power they are getting

I figured that is what I would hear, I was just hoping that if I gave specific requirments that one sub would notch out the other for the given application.

maybe I should just toss a coin.

I figured that is what I would hear, I was just hoping that if I gave specific requirments that one sub would notch out the other for the given application.

maybe I should just toss a coin.

talk to Mike, I am sure he can help in your decision

yeah, mike would help you, he wouldnt try and scam you.