my63impala

What should i Tune my Box TO

Can you please help here is my box dimensions

Box width:51

Box height:21

Top box depth:21

Bottom box depth:21

Wood thickness: 0.75

i want and tuned to 34 to 30hz not sure which what do you guys think need to know soon got a guy designing me a box i told him 34 but want these to hit hard do you think 30 or 32 is better

What type of music you listen to?

What kind of subs are they?

If he builds the box to those dimensions, you will have roughly 10 cubes. That is waaaay too big for those subs. You should be looking for around 6.5-7 cubes, and I would tune to 32hz

10^3' is way to big! I run mine at 7^3' tuned to 35HZ. With your rap listening I would recommend between 30-33hz tuning.

10^3' is way to big! I run mine at 7^3' tuned to 35HZ. With your rap listening I would recommend between 30-33hz tuning.

What will happen if the box is to big? and am tuning it to 32hz

Power handling goes down, subs can sound loose and muddy, subs can unload, etc. etc. etc.

Power handling goes down, subs can sound loose and muddy, subs can unload, etc. etc. etc.

ok here are the new dimensions i started not a huge differences but should this be a small enough box

49 inches long

- 18inches tall

- 21 inches deep

also running 3/4 MDF board and am putting in 45s which should take some room What is my cubic feet on this box

ok here are the new dimensions i started not a huge differences but should this be a small enough box

49 inches long

- 18inches tall

- 21 inches deep

also running 3/4 MDF board and am putting in 45s which should take some room What is my cubic feet on this box

Looks to be 8.36 cubic feet after speaker displacement

49 inches long

- 18inches tall

- 21 inches deep

Try the12volt.com cause they have a good little calc on there. You can also try the RE calc as it has a ton more info about box specs.

If he builds the box to those dimensions, you will have roughly 10 cubes. That is waaaay too big for those subs. You should be looking for around 6.5-7 cubes, and I would tune to 32hz

i 2nd this coment agreee 100%

Like i said i down sized the box now it is 8.36 cubic feet but one last question do these subs play better straight up and down or on the side or does not make a differences

Like i said i down sized the box now it is 8.36 cubic feet but one last question do these subs play better straight up and down or on the side or does not make a differences

Not quite following you! Straight up and down? As in 1 woofer on top of the other on the same panel facing forward?

Not quite following you! Straight up and down? As in 1 woofer on top of the other on the same panel facing forward?

i mean both subs facing up toward my roof or on there side facing my front windshield also i see you got 2 15 Li want are you running them with and got any vids of them?

No vids. But I run mine facing forward along with the port.

What kind of vehicle do you have?

Link to my build log

NM am going to shoot them up toward the roof but do you guys know how long shipping is from SSA i ordered Some Li's about 1 week ago and am of course very excited and want to get them here yesterday because the only other sub i had was a insignia 12 pushing supposedly 600rms now am going to be pushing 1200 in a good box i hope. Also was wondering if anyone could post some vids of there Li's and what rms your runnibg cant really seem to find much on them