WLDock

RL-i8 vs. RL-i10 vs. ID8 v.3 vs. 10" Titanic

Hey, I am looking for my next up front sub. Need to run a small box of course and I have been running WinISD charts of these subs:

RL-i8

RL-i10

Image Dynamics ID8 d4 v.3

Dayton Audio 10" TITANIC III

A Qtc of .71 is the goal.

CHART#1:RL-i8, ID8, 10" TITANIC

GAIN CHART: RL-i8, RL-i10, ID8

SPL CHART: RL-i8, RL-i10, ID8

I have about 280-350 watts and already have a .25 cu ft box. This is about as big as I want to go upfront. Looks like the ID8 has the potential for good output with my power but the RL-i8 & Rl-i10 are more in line with my box size? May try another box program. Any thoughts?

The RL-i 8 will spank that ID8 in terms of output, im shure of it

supas never wrong.

personally I would try the RL-i 10, I just checked the chart Mike put up on the website and the repsonse should be very flat across the board, which is very good for SQ, if not the RL-i 8 would be my second choice,

once again, customer service puts SoundSplinter in front, ID is pretty good, but Mike is the best, plus plenty of people have ID, (dont get me wrong, the ID8 is a very capble driver, I just feel the RL-i drivers are built a little heartier

i have no experience with any of those except the rl-i8. and it should sound awesome in .25ft^3 and it will get plenty loud off the power u have. this thing moves, alot..lol..

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

eD 9kv2's are about identical to ID8v3 they're made for eD by ID. They have very similar specs. I'd say since I have 2 tc2+ 8"s and 10 eD 8"s the tc definetly has more output and lowend extension. It isn't as flat of a response. but I love the peakiness I could get from the TC's on very low bass. I can't get that from the eD's partially why I need eight of them in one box lol, other part is I compete and like it loud. I beat a couple guys with soloX's with my MT so I'm hoping I can do the same with 8 8"s in a more efficient box with less power. I'll know next week. The ID needs ported imo to get low bass or loud really. depends what you consider loud but I ran 4 sealed and didn't like output at all. of coarse I could've lit them on fire with my colossus to see exactly how much power they like sealed but isn't really worth it imo to ship them back and pay for recones.

blah blah blah RL-i 8" all the way :woot:

post-396-1116999089_thumb.jpg

Those eD's looks silly and dinky compared to the TC's

Those eD's looks silly and dinky compared to the TC's

yeah. They look like mids next to a sub :lol2:

Keep us posted on that project though. It sounds interesting and 8 of anything can get damn loud.

OK, I will get the RL-i8. I might try the 10" if I can get it to fit.

Thanks guys.

rli8 :D

definatly get pics of this.

Can't wait to give my Titanic MKIII a try. I was going to use a 0.70 ft^3 box, but I might try that .4 instead :woot:

box is done for the 8 8"s need to cutout the holes tomorrow and drive 2hrs to vid it with the spl190 mic so its more respectable. no new TL mics. I'm hoping to sell the eD's and get my truck then I'll throw my TC's in the truck. Then swap them with Rl-i 8"s and see if they have the same low bass peaks and if they do I'll add two more and run 4 8"s. truck will be 05 titan crew cab on 35 14.5 SSR's rims not yet decided. Amp, I'm hoping to use my gen XX colossus thats in my car.

I took that pic at night, so you can't tell but its 3'ish and goes across the entire back seat about wall to wall damn near impossible to put the endcaps one. can't fit a screw driver on the side even with the seat down lol.

post-396-1117265240_thumb.jpg

8 8"s done, just thought I'd put it here since this is where it was brought up. I'll link to the vids once they're done puttin them on the server at roe. I have some vids there under hawaiianbasshead two re 8"s and two eD 8"s drop in testing. eD's are louder without bottuming out. sound better too. the 8 of them flexed the box so I put a brace in you can see the box jumps too in the vid. weights about 140lbs too so they can wang a little. I think 4 RL-i 8"s would be similar in output. I'll meter it when I take the car out again. I did a 157.7 outlaw, doors open windows down on the dash playing music on my spl162 mic with my 18". so I'll have to see how this compares. doesn't seem as loud pretty close though. never miced my TC's but they were pretty loud too.

post-396-1117329006_thumb.jpg