Sign in to follow this  
btls4life

3000wattsrms...what is needed/

i will be running an 15'' btl on a RFamp (3000 watts rms)....How big of a h/o alternator is needed? 200 amp? 250 amp? How many batteries should i get? How powerful? Brands?

i will also be running my speakers on 100 watts each

i will be running an 15'' btl on a RFamp (3000 watts rms)....How big of a h/o alternator is needed? 200 amp? 250 amp? How many batteries should i get? How powerful? Brands?

What kind of car do you have?

A 200 will do. 250 probably better depending on how much shit you will be running.

2-3 batts should do. The more powerful the better IMO. Powermaster, Deka, Optima, Stinger.

Its good to allow for 100A of current for every 1,000W of power you plan to run. Keep in mind the most cars will need about 50A to power the vehicle's electronics, so for anything over 1,500W-2,000W, we would recommend a 250A alternator. In many occasions more than one alternator may be required to continuously power a stereo at 14V at full volume.

Its good to allow for 100A of current for every 1,000W of power you plan to run. Keep in mind the most cars will need about 50A to power the vehicle's electronics, so for anything over 1,500W-2,000W, we would recommend a 250A alternator. In many occasions more than one alternator may be required to continuously power a stereo at 14V at full volume.

Resurrected, good information.

Very good info!! But in my case, not to topic jack or anything. I have an grand prix, running 2 SSA Icon 15 drivers off an Massive Audio 3k rms. I don't have enough room for multiple alts. I currently have factory alt. Looking to get an custom built alt for about 250-300 amps!! Also I have just 1 kinetik, upgrading to a couple XS Batteries.