spbfitz

HID KITS

Unless you do the whole works it isn't worth it

Unless you do the whole works it isn't worth it

I was in the market for these also, what is the whole works if you dont mind me asking?

the works would be a hi/lo kit with everything

Ok thats what I was thinking he was referring too and thats what I been looking at. Thanks.

You need to read more. Not what I meant by do it all.

Bulbs alone are a joke. Marketing 8k or 10k also means to me the company selling them is a joke. All hype no use. :(

I'm going to go ahead and assume he means making custom headlight housings for your car/truck/SUV that have projector housings built in.

HID's are an amazing thing though. They are VERY bright.

This is before I had my HID's. Below are Silver Start Ultra's

Pre-HID.jpg

This is after. The set sold as "12 k" but is more like 6 IMO

HID.jpg

One thing that I URGE you to avoid are blue HID's 95% of people around me have HID's that look like this.

~Note..... These are my HID's powering up

l_c34f3c5d276043a89b326e514c07554a.jpg

These are mine

c2a99c19.jpg

OH and last things...........

Lots of info here

http://www.r6-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36709

The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) is responsible for setting the standards for automotive safety. As of November 1st, 2005 the NHTSA has revised the Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard 108 (FMVSS 108) that covers vehicle lighting, due to increasing consumer and manufacturer concerns. The current safety standard has been changed to allow the use of other than OEM source lighting. However, the standard still requires the aftermarket replacement lighting to meet all the same qualifications and photometric requirements as OEM.

The interpretation of the new standard is that anything not stock must meet the same requirements for glare and beam pattern output. Aftermarket HID kits in a stock halogen reflector in probably 90% of cases are going to fail the photometric requirements, and therefore are illegal for road use. 90% of aftermarket replacement lamps (OEM knock-offs, non-projector) are not going to be legal either; as a matter of fact, the manufacturers of such lamps have been under scrutiny for a while. Aftermarket projectors are probably okay with their stock halogen bulbs, some may be okay with HID kits as long as the cutoff shields completely block all stray light. Properly constructed OEM HID Projector and OEM HID reflector retrofits are definitely going to be compliant since the sources already meet the requirements with the vehicles they come on. An OEM HID projector retrofit that has a color modified projector in most cases will also meet the requirements just fine, as long as care is taken not to deteriorate the cutoff and beam pattern.

http://www.dxhid.com/70wattxenon.htm

150 bucks for a 70 watt

15 watts makes a bit of a difference

No it doesn't. At all.

8000k vs 10000K?

Would you like very dim or extremely dim? I hope you realize that 4300K is the brightest temperature.

they look nice is that a hi/lo

where did u get those?

thats the look i want

r they still bright?

Yes they are still bright. Are they Bi-Xenon *Hi/Lo no. and i got them on ebay

Flashtech HID's are amazing, I love mine! I went with 6000K, it has a good color and still very high output.

dsc00223large.jpg

Lights up the street!!!

dsc00287large.jpg

Anything over 6000k is complete shit. Any drop in kits for lamps with fluted lenses is epic shit. High/low kits are a joke. Casper shields are a joke.

Why?

Glare.

I don't mean to pick on any one person, but the person who showed the second story windows lit up...all that light is going into other drivers' eyes. That's why you get flashed. If anyone says "But I never get flashed!" I can guarantee there are people who want to flash you but are separated by a few lanes or a median or are in front of you. The reflectors can't control over 3x more light output than they were designed for.

My headlights have a crazy highbeam section and are perfectly aimed with HIR bulbs in my low beams. Want to see all 4 lit up at the same time? Drive towards me with blue/purple/green/red (wtf?) lights :)

Anything over 6000k is complete shit. Any drop in kits for lamps with fluted lenses is epic shit. High/low kits are a joke. Casper shields are a joke.

Why?

Glare.

I don't mean to pick on any one person, but the person who showed the second story windows lit up...all that light is going into other drivers' eyes. That's why you get flashed. If anyone says "But I never get flashed!" I can guarantee there are people who want to flash you but are separated by a few lanes or a median or are in front of you. The reflectors can't control over 3x more light output than they were designed for.

My headlights have a crazy highbeam section and are perfectly aimed with HIR bulbs in my low beams. Want to see all 4 lit up at the same time? Drive towards me with blue/purple/green/red (wtf?) lights :)

x2 anything over 6000K is pretty rice too. I went with 4300K last time which has the highest light output but this car I wanted to try something new and I love these!

The full works would be a projector lens with a cutoff. Without it you are beaming light everywhere and are pissing people off. Plus you are not getting full benifit of the HID's.

6000K would be the highest kelvin you should ever go with, unless you just want it for the color. If that's the case you will probably get pulled when you least want to get pulled. Not worth it.

I bought some and yes they are brighter, but they are a menace to other drivers so I took them out. If you are going to use them, do like I am going to do and retrofit projectors. Yes it costs more, but if it works better and does not impair other drivers then spend the extra if it's something you really want. It will be worth it.

602-257-0204 - Verses Trading Co

Im sure they will ship them to you!

P.S. Don't be the douche that has his lights so bright and blinds everyone driving towards you.. get the right lenses.

Edited by BanginGMC

The full works would be a projector lens with a cutoff. Without it you are beaming light everywhere and are pissing people off. Plus you are not getting full benifit of the HID's.

6000K would be the highest kelvin you should ever go with, unless you just want it for the color. If that's the case you will probably get pulled when you least want to get pulled. Not worth it.

I bought some and yes they are brighter, but they are a menace to other drivers so I took them out. If you are going to use them, do like I am going to do and retrofit projectors. Yes it costs more, but if it works better and does not impair other drivers then spend the extra if it's something you really want. It will be worth it.

What projectors are you getting? :)

To this day, I'm still pissed about missing a pair of S2Ks for $150. That was almost 4 years ago...