Sign in to follow this  
wayneo99

2 12" alpine type x's

could two 12" type x's take a aq3500d amp wired to 1ohms?

or would it be better to run them on the aq2200d amp?

also box recommendations? i no it should be sealed an tuned to 32hz but how many cubes should i give each sub for them to perform there best?

also ill have the electrical to back all this up

this will be a daily set up no comps or nothin

Edited by wayneo99

could two 12" type x's take a aq3500d amp wired to 1ohms?

or would it be better to run them on the aq2200d amp?

also box recommendations? i no it should be sealed an tuned to 32hz but how many cubes should i give each sub for them to perform there best?

also ill have the electrical to back all this up

this will be a daily set up no comps or nothin

You mean ported at 32hz and Alpine recommends anywhere from 1-2ft^3 per sub. If your not competing then get an AQ2200D since the subs can handle 1000rms and that will power them properly, get the Sundown SAZ-2000D FTW!

ported gives better output... most people who go sealed eventually want more, unless you're a real SQ guy and just like havin some nice sounding bass to flow with your music

ported gives better output... most people who go sealed eventually want more, unless you're a real SQ guy and just like havin some nice sounding bass to flow with your music

x2 I had two type r's in a huge sealed box. And I loved how clean it sounded but I wanted more so I went ported and it's a lot louder! :fing34:

There's tons of those pure SQ guys here. I think they usually like to run 4 18's for the most SQ possible! lol