Ape

Need a partner in crime

I am posting this hear rather than the amplifier section on the team ssa forums, simply because there are more SS users right here :) If this should be moved, thats np at all.

What I need is an amp to power my single RL-p 12" D2. So im looking at 1 ohm and 4 ohms.

for budget it would reeally be nice not to be broke after, and have to save up for weeks again to get some comps.

Things like the eD 9.1 for 350 is probably the highest I want to go. and I know that there is a lot of hifonics things that can do the job. at the same time I have heard alot of nasty stories about em.

This is my first system.. and can upgrade later, just want to get the ball rolling on it.

Any amp brands and model suggestions? what are you usings?

As always I will say Orion 1200D or Kicker 1200.1,

you really dont need that much power and could go down to an Orion 8002 and run it 4 ohms mono, the new MBQuart 1k mono block or their large 2 channel would fit well also for a great price, if you could find an RF 1051, that would send good power (4ohms mono)

thanks demin, I will start looking into these prices. and where i can find em. Nice to hear something other than eD 9.1 too.

edit- hmm these bastards are expensive... Im guessing its worth it to buy a more expensive amp, Maybe I should look into used?

edit 2 - Denim im liking this MBQuart amp... the price is niice..

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-VJO7lmw4AhC/c...sp?i=049RAA2400

crutchfield doesnt ship to canada? :(

I bought my Crossfire BMF1000D for $275 USD shipped and I'm loving it. Major upgrade from my old Power Acoustik LT1920/2 :D

EDIT: I bought the crossfire used off of the caraudio.com forums.

I know peeps bag on HF but for $250 for a BX1500D 1500W ( tad over rated) is a great buy IMO

Plus, they now come in black...which i might add looks rather neat-o

Diff model number on the black

The Memphis 500d or the 1000d would work nicely and they are the same exact thing as crossfire amps if you looking into those too.

Them's nice amps

The PR series are a bit cheaper than the MC.

Same amount of watts though

I know peeps bag on HF but for $250 for a BX1500D 1500W ( tad over rated) is a great buy IMO

Plus, they now come in black...which i might add looks rather neat-o

Diff model number on the black

For $250 yeah, ou will get around 1300-1400w with that bx1500, thats preaty good for the money its worth, id go with the BX1500D/TX1500D(Black model) or that Orion 1200D or the Kicker 1200.1, but they might be worth some money, so just find them used

Ya there is still 4 days in the auction, it should boom.. god, I thought picking a sub was hard... this is 1000x harder. dun know why.. just something about it.

double post woo

What about the Hifonics bx 1000d, since its overrated at 1000w how much should I expect from it? would it be much better to pitch in the extra $40-50 for the 1500

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...5777312724&rd=1

wow look what i just found... says its new too

that kicker first, if it's one ohm stable....

then the HF...i have to agree with supa and chinny..while overrated a bit, they are good amps. and get the bx1500d if ya get one...

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Just get the big belle and satisify everything in one shot :D

Just get the big belle and satisify everything in one shot :D

Thats what i'm using, all the power you need and if you look around you may find a decent deal on one. I got mine used for $400.

that kicker only ships to the US, so I probably will look into hifonics, and a used 400 amp is a little more than I have. (like 500 cdn + shipping)

You guys know of any good online hifonics dealers? I know they are everywear but any ones stand out?

i'd take the mbq over that hifonics any day of the week. HF is weak. the mbq is sexier than the nine.1 too