Sign in to follow this  
alexj01_83

epicenter ???

They were more fitting a while ago when many recordings were missing much of the low end frequencies. But on modern recordings, it only adds distortion and an overly peaked bottom end. Something like a Phoenix Gold Bass Cube, or Orion Maxx Bass would be more useful now.

They were more fitting a while ago when many recordings were missing much of the low end frequencies. But on modern recordings, it only adds distortion and an overly peaked bottom end. Something like a Phoenix Gold Bass Cube, or Orion Maxx Bass would be more useful now.

how so ??? whats the diff between the three???

Like I said, the Epicenter just adds distortion, the others work on the existing signal.

clipping in a box IMO.

i had one.. it made new songs sound like asshole.

but it did make me pull out all my old cd's shit from the 90's and what not.. it made those songs sound out of this world.

Look into a Phoenix Gold "Bass Cube" it has way more features than the "Epicenter".

Built in 18/db Subsonic filter that you can either set to a fixed setting for "Seald" or Tracking for "Ported".

Single band parametric eq with a center frequency of 20-110hz which is infinately variable and bandwidth Q setting of (narrow) or (Wide)

Gain of 0-15 db.

Here is a link to the manual and other information. Well worth it imo. http://download.phoenixphorum.com/Manuals/Processors/Basscubes/

Look into a Phoenix Gold "Bass Cube" it has way more features than the "Epicenter".

Built in 18/db Subsonic filter that you can either set to a fixed setting for "Seald" or Tracking for "Ported".

Single band parametric eq with a center frequency of 20-110hz which is infinately variable and bandwidth Q setting of (narrow) or (Wide)

Gain of 0-15 db.

Here is a link to the manual and other information. Well worth it imo. http://download.phoenixphorum.com/Manuals/Processors/Basscubes/

Your description of it just made me want to get one, and I don't even need one. :drink40:

Gain of 0-15 db.

Your description of it just made me want to get one, and I don't even need one. :drink40:

It is a fun piece to have. Especially if your a "Metal Head" like myself.

what about the waves car audio maxxbass 103 processor?

Never heard of it. :shrug:

only reason i ask is because i can pick one up for $40 CND and i've heard they retail over $150 US. i've read up on it on there website, but to me it just seems like every other 'bass reconstruction' processor

only reason i ask is because i can pick one up for $40 CND and i've heard they retail over $150 US. i've read up on it on there website, but to me it just seems like every other 'bass reconstruction' processor

Sounds like a different version of the "Epicenter"! Sounds like a good deal though for $40. Could always try it and see how it works for you.

i think the one i used came from PA, but it did make a differance, i can see someone clipping with something like this if they was careless, but when i do get another one, i will try a new brand, maybe that bass cube, it is by PG.

looks as if you have quite the build, do you have any build logs or pics? kinda the style cars we work on alot but you defietly have upgraded equipment.

clipping in a box IMO.

i had one.. it made new songs sound like asshole.

but it did make me pull out all my old cd's shit from the 90's and what not.. it made those songs sound out of this world.

Good description. It works great for older rock music or anything that lacks low end bass. For anything like new rap, it's a wasted and distorts the hell out of low bass.

im mexican myself so i think i am able to say this, but its basically used for beaner music only and allso maybe some R&B songs that dont have bass but i think if u dont listen to beaner music all the time than dont buy itll just be a waste of money