wasted911

Loudest you've ever heard

So I was doing some thinking tonight and I got curious to know what the loudest vehicle someone has sat in. I've heard at a certain point that your blood will come to the surface of your skin (full body hickie) at around 170 or so.

I've personally sat in DB Dons port with a 165 at 45 hertz. The experience was "breath-taking". I mean that quite literally. I didn't lose complete use of my vision. however it did feel like I was drowning. I also was able to wave my arms for them to turn it off.

Anyone else want to share?

I have heard almost 170db at about 60hz but it wasn't as intense as some of those low tuned systems

..they can be felt ALOT more ..my current system completely blurrs vision at 150db

loudest ive ever sat in was either 2 punch hx2's ported off of 2 bp300/1's or a pair of new type r's off a NINe.1, both trunked setups, both 12's.

nothing too extravagent yet.

uh, like mid 150's quite a few times..... seen 170 something, but if you are familiar with those beast, outside it is just a hum, still say we gotta track down the guy who has a friend.......oh yeah, one of those stories........lmao already........this guy told us his friend has a chevy caprice with six 12"s in it, behind the seat....................doing 238 db's!!!! .........omg , lmao still, a month later, yeah, pretty f*cking awesome, if you ask me! :wacky:

There's 2 guys who show up to alot of NESPL events that are @ 160, one of them over by almost 2 db's (legal new TL dash) This past saturday me and my mother sat in an Explorer with 4 orion hcca's in a wall powered by 4 RF 4000bd's, My mom is 62, she asked for more BTW he was at 157.6 later that night (legal new TL/dash). Seen a legit 171+ (420's blue van) but didn't get to be in it (yet),

Today there was an astro van hitting 159 (.6 i think) that I got to be in with it playing some music. His floor boards hated life and CD's went flying like a bird @ one point.

Mike Travasso's Explorer is pretty intense in person, from 15 feet away the ground pulsates several inches, makes the ground almost feel like jello. he was base racing mid to high 150's that day, tuned real low too, sound blew me away. Prob. my favorite sounding bass machine currently, that thing is retarded in all the right ways.

got to hear Scottie Johnson's van before he quit competing at Carl Casper several years ago.

It was back when he had 12 12s RE MTs i belive off over 120,000w of power, over 50 batteries, etc...

I was standing 40ft away holding the video camera up and with all the windows up and doors shut, when he let it rip for 2-3 full seconds, as soon as the bass started my knees buckled like i lost my balance!

It was insane!

Then the same day, some guy was running 8 rockford fosgate 18s off of unknown amount of power and was holding over 160db playing brass monkey! That was insane too.

I've been in the A-teams jimmy (it bassraces 161.8) and that was an experience, but still not as bad as don's box.

Loudest I've heard...my car actually lol there was nothing spectacular back at home. But I just moved so there might be some competition ;)

Loudest I have sat in is a tie between my Team mates vehicles. Either Bret's F-150 that's plays music at 158.x or Canaan's Van that has 10 15"s playing a unknown level on music but burps 161's

Loudest I have stuck my head in was a 163.8 by another Team mate, Nick.

a local guy was hitting 160 on music i think atleast 12 12inch Db drive subwoofers. pretty crazy, had about 20 or so kinetiks, 4/0 etc

uh, like mid 150's quite a few times..... seen 170 something, but if you are familiar with those beast, outside it is just a hum, still say we gotta track down the guy who has a friend.......oh yeah, one of those stories........lmao already........this guy told us his friend has a chevy caprice with six 12"s in it, behind the seat....................doing 238 db's!!!! .........omg , lmao still, a month later, yeah, pretty f*cking awesome, if you ask me! :wacky:

thats funny as hell as in just last week a guy was tellin me tht the mtx jachammers are capable of 300dbs and i was like wtf r u smokin but he wouldnt believe a word i said and for me its prob tommy mckennies truck.

My loudest was in Miami. My friends and I were down there on spring break and were out at night on South Beach. We were walking around the clubs when we heard VERY loud bass in one area. We were walking over there thinking that this club had a great sound system.

When we got close we realized it was some guys truck out front! I was impressed and we asked the owner what equipment he was running. All he told us was that it was two 12s. He didn't know anything about the subs or his system. He told us he had another system that was even louder. i didn't get to sit in it though.

my buddies 2 15" Type-R's on a Hifonics 1610D. makes my ear drums vibrate bad. cant take it for longer then just a couple minutes.

thats funny as hell as in just last week a guy was tellin me tht the mtx jachammers are capable of 300dbs and i was like wtf r u smokin but he wouldnt believe a word i said and for me its prob tommy mckennies truck.

300db's!!! daaaaaammmmmm!!!!!! lol, that is really neat, lmao, i been buying the wrong shit!!

KOB's truck is sweet........ gave us the famous demo at the finals here in Indy, ol' phil should be proud!

chop

uh, like mid 150's quite a few times..... seen 170 something, but if you are familiar with those beast, outside it is just a hum, still say we gotta track down the guy who has a friend.......oh yeah, one of those stories........lmao already........this guy told us his friend has a chevy caprice with six 12"s in it, behind the seat....................doing 238 db's!!!! .........omg , lmao still, a month later, yeah, pretty f*cking awesome, if you ask me! adhd.gif

I do believe that one event in the history of the earth hit 300dB, krakatoa. After ~190dB it's not classified as sound, it's a shockwave.

My bro's car, when he had five Memphis 12's off of ~1800rms, in a half hex box (three facing out, two facing down, into the box) It hit so low, and it moved ALOT of air. Never got it metered, but it messed up his explorer pretty good. The hatch window kept snapping hinges, passenger lock/windows no longer funtioned from outside, driver window didnt roll down, roof made a mean milkshake, and it kinda breathed for you woot.gif

Edited by DeepSubBoy