bigbumpin555

solo x OR ???

hey guys i need some ideas i was going to run an 18in solo x in about 9cub box tuned to 35hz on a daily run and ive heard storys that the solo x cant really deal with daily pounding so i need some ideas on someother subs that will put me in the same range in output as the solo x and just a little bit better SQ then what the kicker puts out any ideas??

the solo x can be ran for daily with about 4kw amp.

Now, if looking for an alternative... 18" square has more radiating area than any other 18 out there so i dont know if a circular 18 could compare unless it was just more efficient.

I can tell ya that DC Soundlab Level 5 18, Incriminator Audio Warden\Death Penalty 18, Atomic APXX18.

Those are some of the current bad-boy 18s out there right now.

hey guys i need some ideas i was going to run an 18in solo x in about 9cub box tuned to 35hz on a daily run and ive heard storys that the solo x cant really deal with daily pounding so i need some ideas on someother subs that will put me in the same range in output as the solo x and just a little bit better SQ then what the kicker puts out any ideas??

Give us some more info: what car will this be in, what amp will be used to power this sub?

The BTL will keep up with the soloX ,it just makes up for the radiating area by moving up and down a little more ....

Give us some more info: what car will this be in, what amp will be used to power this sub?

[/quote

well see i got a great deal on a sundown 3000ds might get another one for the right price and it will be running in a jeep cherokee but like said all the storys i am hearing is that the solo will crap out after like 5mouths of daily banging and they are loud but sound like sh** was just trying to find something else that i know will last longer and not really have to worry about crapping out under that much power

What are your boxes specs, your box could be a reason why they sound like shit also.

Better SQ and an SPL sub LOL

ahaha i know but have u ever heard a solo x man they do sound like crap compair to other 18's ive heard they are loud dont get me wrong

What are your boxes specs, your box could be a reason why they sound like shit also.

well its being built right now its like 9.6 cubs tuned to like 36hz but i had it before was a Gforce Prefab POS nice box but specs didnt meat the solo x standard and im only running 1 btw

We had a solo x 18 running daily off 6 k in my buddies Full size blazer.. Sounded good in one of the many boxes we built. the smaller the box the Better it sounds (smaller within reason)---didn't change much output either

I've still got the "pretty" box that sounded good that I'd be happy to sell and ship :D

DSCN3353.jpg

We had a solo x 18 running daily off 6 k in my buddies Full size blazer.. Sounded good in one of the many boxes we built. the smaller the box the Better it sounds (smaller within reason)---didn't change much output either

I've still got the "pretty" box that sounded good that I'd be happy to sell and ship :D

DSCN3353.jpg

how much we talkin and shiped to 02536

how much we talkin and shiped to 02536

$135 shipped... (shipping is high due to size of course) roughly 26(d) x 17(t) x 34(w) tuned 35ish

The BTL will keep up with the soloX ,it just makes up for the radiating area by moving up and down a little more ....

u really think a btl will get just as loud as a solo x 18?

There's a guy either on here or on another forum that did over a 152 with a solox 18.

I know that isnt extraordinary but i just dont see the btl taking away the solo x's potential.

Sure, practically any other sub out there may sound better than the solo x but the solo x is loud as hell.

Iv seen 153s on single 15s. Honestly never been impressed by the soloX. Its a heavy inefficient design too me.

the best i've seen is a 156.x but the box was completely made of marble...

I'd still suggest IA or DC when it comes to crazy daily use. I knwo u cant go wrong with the BTL.. i dont know, my opinion i guess.

Iv seen 153s on single 15s. Honestly never been impressed by the soloX. Its a heavy inefficient design too me.

what single 15 hit 152db on a daily ride?? but when ya get a solo x for free dude you cant beat it

solo x 18 in a wall. the guy that did over a 156 was also a single 15 in a marble box weighed over 400 lbs.

It was for spl only though.

well by all means if its free use it. just not my choice is all.

solo x 18 in a wall. the guy that did over a 156 was also a single 15 in a marble box weighed over 400 lbs.

It was for spl only though.

ya that make sence walled but i dont have the money or the time to pull off a wall and marble box is deff out of the question lol

well by all means if its free use it. just not my choice is all.

well thats what im trying to figure out i know the solo x is loud just cant handle the 5K daily and im probably gonna be running 2 sundown 3000d so i wanted to find something that will handle it and not blow up in 4months after daily banging

Im not sure if any single driver can handle 6-7kw in a daily situation. Now if you back the gain down and use it like that until your at a competition or really wanna rattle someones brain you'll more than likely be ok. In all honesty your better off with multiple drivers with that kinda power or just use one amp. Also like to add if you plan on using both amps i hope you have a hefty charging system.

and I know if I was your friend Id never go anywhere with you in your car if you were throwing 6k watts at an 18 all day long.

And again dubious information here. Throwing that much power at anything and driving around with it is asinine. You are well beyond the laws of diminishing returns. If you want power to compete fine, but you ALWAYS should have a different gain setting for comps anyways. Going to the nth degree for 0.x dB gain is fine for comps but completely stupid for any other purpose.

Oh, and a box out of marble, ROFL.

i've personally ran an 18 solo x off 4kw daily for over a year, never any issues. and sq? compared to the other drivers in it's catagory, the s18x, or any solo x, is actually the better sounding driver. ask any number of competitors who have used the solo x to win sq comps, of course, they were there for the really low notes, and far better drivers took care of the hard stuff.

9 cubes is a bit big for daily, IMO, especially with 6kw. like someone has previously mentioned, a solo x will do fine in a smaller small with little to no percieved output loss. IIRC, my daily box was 5.5^3 tuned 35ish, i'll have to look it up.

btw, one of my favortie setups of all time was a 10" solo x off 2.5kw in my xcab silverado. 2.5^3 net box tuned 32-36hz (can't remember), most people thought i had a 15 or more. and it played music just fine. and lastly, if the s18x is free, beat it till it falls apart. if not, send it to me, i'll gladly pay shipping for a free s18x, lmao

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

i've personally ran an 18 solo x off 4kw daily for over a year, never any issues. and sq? compared to the other drivers in it's catagory, the s18x, or any solo x, is actually the better sounding driver. ask any number of competitors who have used the solo x to win sq comps, of course, they were there for the really low notes, and far better drivers took care of the hard stuff.

9 cubes is a bit big for daily, IMO, especially with 6kw. like someone has previously mentioned, a solo x will do fine in a smaller small with little to no percieved output loss. IIRC, my daily box was 5.5^3 tuned 35ish, i'll have to look it up.

btw, one of my favortie setups of all time was a 10" solo x off 2.5kw in my xcab silverado. 2.5^3 net box tuned 32-36hz (can't remember), most people thought i had a 15 or more. and it played music just fine. and lastly, if the s18x is free, beat it till it falls apart. if not, send it to me, i'll gladly pay shipping for a free s18x, lmao

ya im gonna give the solo x a try if i dont like it just get rid of it but anyway ya i was told to put it in a bigger box then what it was in for a daily use at 6k idk if i should do the 2sundowns or just one of them still desiding and my eletrical will be all upgraded im just trying to figure a good alt and some nice batts but trying to keep it in a good budget around like 3k for my whole setup i already have the sub and will be getting the sundowns shortly so really only need to do HU,mids and highs and amp for them , batts, alt, box ,some kind of dinomat and one hell of a security system