Sign in to follow this  
spl_eddie

recone?

Hello, and thanks in advance for your answers or comments! :) . ok. i have an older style fi btl 18 fully loaded. i blew it.

i have it taken apart and the ring where the foam lip is located is completely clean. 1st question.

1. what is the best method to remove the leftovers from where the spiders were. ( about 1/4 inch of spider and alot of glue)

i tried to use a dremel tool but it made bad odors that i didnt think would be good to breath in. i also tried a metal brush in my drill "was going VERY slow" and a knife didnt work well either

2. what type of glue do you use when you recone and is it something i can pick up at any hardware store?

3. is this something not to hard that i can do myself or should i send it in to be done. i think im pretty good with most everything i do.

Thank you again!

a good razor knife/box cutter ad or a flat head screw driver and hammer.. chances are that left over ring will just pop off if you can get under it.getting under it is the key.. as for recone glue we always trust the devon 5min epoxy.. it HAS to be the stuff with the twisty tips in the package walmart used to have it. but o rileys does too orrr hit up david at **** ... recones arent hard at all especially FI the are drop in...

I wire brush on a drill.

I was taught how to use a grinder to do it. :-D

we were alreay passed this part drew... remember popping the spinders clean off the landing with the screw driver and hammer first? lol