thegreat22

Which Sub Is Best

Please read the new member topics links in my signature. It will help you make this topic much more effective. You need to provide a great deal more information to get an accurate and supported answer.

The amp I have is a kicker 1500 the car is a mercury grand marquis ls box will be ported I listen to mostly rap. For my electrical I have a mechman 220 alt and have an optima yellow top batt up front and will get one in the rear

They are the same subwoofer, one square, one round. Pick the CVX.

You still haven't given us anything to give you a recommendation yet :(

Subs will be in a ported box listen to rap. Played daily in my car

Do NOT post again until you read all three of the noob threads in my signature. Since you don't follow ANY of the advice you will not get an answer until you do. :(

I would always recommend round subs over square.

Please clarify exactly why.

It's a personal opinion.

Derrr..... Sine waves are curved not square...... its obvious a square woofer wouldn't work.......

;) Couldn't resist

It's a personal opinion.

And I asked because its based on internet nonsense and not a practical application. Unless you are choosing based on cosmetics and that's your preference, but if so that doesn't help the OP. Your recommendation is dubious.

Which is better or cvx or L7. Im talking 15's

ive owned L7s and ive heard cvx's both are compairable but i personally think that the L7 was louder but really not by that much i like both subs and i would go with the L7's

Will it be ok for me to under power them, since my amp is a kicker 1500.1. Have not opened it to see the actual birthsheet yet.

Dont worry about what the birthsheet says just get a DMM and run it at what its rated to do(1500rms x 1 @ 2ohms) to avoid clipping. There is no problem with underpowering a sub.

Edited by jay-cee

I personally wouldn't even go with kicker. There is so much better quality for (sometimes) half the price. I talk to people everyday who ask me about kicker, alpine, MTX, I always recommend them to ssa, fi, DC, sundown, AQ. They always say that they are junk,bla bla, but then they hear my system compared to there 15's and ask me for websites. So I would look into another brand.

Just want kicker because all my insides are kicker plus i had a pair of there cvr 15's (1st system) and I really liked them. And thanks for the info on under powering a sub

Just want kicker because all my insides are kicker plus i had a pair of there cvr 15's (1st system) and I really liked them. And thanks for the info on under powering a sub

just make sure u got them in a good encloser no prefab junk get a nice custom box

I personally wouldn't even go with kicker. There is so much better quality for (sometimes) half the price. I talk to people everyday who ask me about kicker, alpine, MTX, I always recommend them to ssa, fi, DC, sundown, AQ. They always say that they are junk,bla bla, but then they hear my system compared to there 15's and ask me for websites. So I would look into another brand.

I seriously would like to know why they think brands like Fi, SSA, etc. are perceived as junk.

I seriously would like to know why they think brands like Fi, SSA, etc. are perceived as junk.

Because they have never heard them or of them. They are so used to flea market junk. Ever since I got my first Fi 3 years ago 5 or 6 people saved enough money to buy one. They got the good impression from a 10 (which I am still trying to buy back), they switched from there everyday kicker, alpine, mtx, infiniti, to "unkown" Fi