ryboy2222

Rl-i's with 9.1 question

im ready to buy some SS drivers to go with my 9.1. right now im leaning towards two 10" RL-i's. what do you guys think about the 9.1 pushing them? or should i just go with 1 RL-p 12? im really into clean, punchy bass im going for SQ in a 4Runner. does anyone own or has anyone heard the RL-i's that can give me their opinion on them? thanx

im ready to buy some SS drivers to go with my 9.1.  right now im leaning towards two 10" RL-i's.  what do you guys think about the 9.1 pushing them?  or should i just go with 1 RL-p 12?  im really into clean, punchy bass im going for SQ in a 4Runner.  does anyone own or has anyone heard the RL-i's that can give me their opinion on them? thanx

there ar ea few people with them lingering, but the two RLi 10's should have a little more output than the RLP12. :fing34:

id go with the lower level pair, over the single higher one. unless you wanna get an RLs (but then youd need a different amp :P: )

It's stupid to recommend a subwoofer that isn't even out yet...

Anyways...I'd recommend the rl-i's as well. I have a single rl-i12 in my home stereo setup, ported @22hz receiving 250rms via a Rythmik Audio plate amp. The sound quality and output are amazing. Dual rl-i 10's would be GREAT!

NG

good idea ^^^

so i should go with the two RL-i's ok. so i assume that the 9.1 wont be to much power for them? if i run them at 1ohm thats like 600watts rms a piece and not even counting the 9.1 is underrated. i just dont want to blow them ya know

ohh and how much are the 12" RL-i's? do you think two of those in my 4runner would be to much for a daily driver? what is the RMS rating on those? i think mike said he had a few leftover.

Yep, still have a few dual 4ohm RL-i12's laying around.. contact me if you're interested. They're currently going for $175 a piece.

You're going to have to be careful with the Nine.1 on two RL-i series woofers. The 10" and 12" models have the same power requisites/limits.. and if you're porting them, I would not advocate going over 350 watts per driver. Sealed, you'd be safe with up to 500 watts, but above that you'll need to be very careful with your gain and enclosure.. as fried coils aren't covered under the 1 yr warranty! ;)

In short, two RL-i's off the Nine.1 is doable, but you need to be responsible yingyang.gif

do you think two of those in my 4runner would be to much for a daily driver?

TOO MUCH?!?!? hhahahha obviously you dont know us very well yet, but youll soon learn

"too much" bass is a foreign concept to us lol

Any single 4ohm rl-i's left? If so, go with that...to present a 2ohm load to the nine.1

NG

ryboy, if you want a little more output, I would snag those last few RL-i 12's Mike has before they are gone