rak_24540

RE MX'S or JL 12's

I'm looking to upgrade my current set up , which is 2-RF T110D4's sealed box under back seat. Want SQ and output. Going in a 99 silverado 3 door. I really don't want to get JL's , I'm trying to get something in my area that no one else has, but also sounds good and maybe out do the (JL's and Kicker, memphis) stuff. I e-mailed FI, but no response, don't want to deal with company who doesn't respond back to me. I will be buying rockford amps as soon as I know what subs I will be getting. Will be in ported box.

when did you email them? not everyone can email you back right away, maybe they just got backed up a day or 2 on emails?

everyone on here loves anything they get from FI, so I wouldnt just count them out right away, and it seems like they usually have pretty good CS also from reading other posts on this board.

Im the same way as you, always want something better than the other guy, but want something different than everyone, and if possible, that noones even heard of. how much money you willing to spend on subs? how big is the box able to be? how much power you thinking of throwing at them?

maybe look at some IA stuff.

How about neither, both are not price/performance friendly. Spend some more time stating your goals, space, power and such and you will get better help.

How about neither, both are not price/performance friendly. Spend some more time stating your goals, space, power and such and you will get better help.

Quoted, underlined, and highlighted for effect.

Power wise it all depends on the set of subs I get. I want to match up amp to what I have. I'll probably just get the RF T20001, I was going to get the T40001 but might not go that route. I want my subs to sound clean but get nasty if I want them too. I already got the back seat out of my truck, re-doing the speaker wire to 14ga and going to get some stinger pro rca's to replace what I have. I listen to (rock, metal, rap, some country, just a variety of things). Want to sound good with all genre's of music. I have already did the big 3, replaced alt. to 220 amp, put 2 kinetik 1800's in the back waiting for what ever I get. And will add another if I need too.

GOALS are very important! One of the car audio shops that I go to sells JL and RE audio products... He rated subs in this order XXX, w7, MX. The XXX dominated the lows, the w7 played a wider band width(with authority), and the mx.... I wouldn't like it.... If you're doing your own install, get jl over re! JL can take customer abuse more than the re can.

I know cuz i went through a xxx in a couple of months where my jl w7 are still going strong from 2003

Some ppl will say that jl charges too much if you mess it up which is true, but RE charged me $250 for the XXX and it took 4 months to get it back!!! Way tooooo long!!!!

So goals would be SQ, Spl, or a mixture of both.... If you take some time, you should be able to find something on every sub this site has to offer!!!! Between a XXX and an XCON, I'd be more willing to bet on the XCON:-)

Also, its all in the install. direction sub is facing, sealed/ported, tuning freq, etc... to many factors....

Have fun researching!!!! I learn something new everyday!!!!!

HAHA I didn't read the enitre response about the type of music.... but I would go with XCON, flatlyne/death row, etc....

In the right box, they all can get loud while sounding good....

I would go xcon!!!! want to try 1 so bad!!!!!!

Flatlyne is my #2 pick

what led to your XXX failure so soon? too much power, crap box, clipped signals.

I could talk trash about polk subs, but in reality it was just that it was my first set of subs and smoked them being an idiot...

First was my mistake of a clipped signal.

Second time, the shop did the whole installation, box, wires, and set it with a multimeter, and it lasted 2 or 3 months.....

don't want to get into a re audio is better argument!!!! Just throwing out some advise from personal experience.....

Experience biased by misuse. The XXX only failed because of you.

Experience biased by misuse. The XXX only failed because of you.

Once again, you're absolutely right !!!

3 months with a sub ?!!! You must have done something wrong. :(

i would say forget the mx or W7. both cost too much for what you get. look into FI Q, Ascendant audio havoc, Soundsplinter RL-P

you should check out fi but if money is an issue go with the mx its better in my opinion