Sign in to follow this  
liljestrand

box help. for 15Q

Looking for some dimensions for a 15Q. It will be powered by a sundown saz-1000d. Its going into a 2008 scion xb. I would say I have about 2'x2'x4' area to work with. According to specs it should be 2-2.5 cubic feet. So probably stay around the 2.5 to account for displacement.

I know you guys are miracle workers. I tried to remember to put as much info as possible I know people leave stuff out all the time.

So you just want sealed?

20" wide x 17" tall x 16" deep would work. Outside dimensions.

Thank you. Yeah I wanted to go sealed this time. Had a 15 bl ported and it was awesome just a bit too boomy for me.

I have always loved the way sealed boxes sound. Plus it won't take up as much space.

So when I drew this up I switched the width and height. So I got a box that's 20" long. 17 " wide and 16" tall. Using 3/4" mdf I figured I would need these cuts. 2 20x17 for top and bottom. 2 20x14.5 for the long sides and 2 15.5x14.5 for the short sides.

Throw in another 20x17 for a double baffle.

Does this sound right?

So when I drew this up I switched the width and height. So I got a box that's 20" long. 17 " wide and 16" tall. Using 3/4" mdf I figured I would need these cuts. 2 20x17 for top and bottom. 2 20x14.5 for the long sides and 2 15.5x14.5 for the short sides.

Throw in another 20x17 for a double baffle.

Does this sound right?

Sounds about right to me.

Sign in to follow this