liljestrand

08 scion xb^2 B2 products galore.

Well did a search and couldn't find many or any scion xb's. So I'm glad to be able to throw mine in here. Although I do see some tc's.

Anyways this one probably wont be as in depth as most, just gonna do some simple audio mods.

Will start building this week on a amp compartment/ false floor and sub box arrangement.

Edited by liljestrand

Nice, GL with the build. I think the only 2 TC's built for SPL call this site home. Sure there's probly a random one or two but I doubt they go online much least on audio forums cuz I've looked pretty hard for 'em. ygpm -Bill

Good luck man, what all equipment do you have for this build log.

Good luck man, what all equipment do you have for this build log.

mostly whats in my sig....im gonna check tomorrow and see if i wanna make up a false floor type thing for hiding my amp.

k ordered some 2/0 cable and some other odds and ends, gotta wait for those to show up and can start building. Will attempt to start making a false floor this next week. Pics to come soon.

Updates?

So instead of starting a new build log I will ....well start what I never did before.

I have 2 xcon 15's waiting for a install. Will order a audiopipe 3k tomorrow and get some wood at home depot and hopefully get this all started.

Currently in the car I have:

Pioneer deh-7900

Stock components

Saz-1000d (some power acoustik amp filling in at the moment cus I seemed to pop a cap in my Saz.)

15" Fi Q fully loaded D2 in a 3 cf sealed box.

Optima blue top under the hood and Optima Yellow top in the back.

2/0 welding cable from front to back.

Knu Konceptz 1/0 for my big three and Knu rca's

Will be looking to replace my 6.5's here soon also.

And some pics to bide the time.

Picture-1.jpg

Made the center cap for these 18" enkei's for a custom look.

100_0725.jpg

Early xmas presents.

100_0726.jpg

2 Bundles of joy.

100_0727.jpg

Some face time.

100_0728.jpg

And a peak at the backsides.

Hopefully I won't fail in keeping up with this build log as I did last time.

Ok a little update on the box build. Learned that my router skills are in the negatives and next time willl fix up some kind of jig to make circles.

Anyways here are some pics.

003.jpg

The mess on the dining table. Yes I was building this inside....dont have a garage and it was storming like crazy outside.

004.jpg

First side up.

005.jpg

All sides up.

007.jpg

I didn't want to use another sheet of mdf just for a small piece so my middle wall is 2 pieces glued.

008.jpg

Sides and middle baffle in.

010.jpg

This is what I was hoping my holes were gonna look like.......

011.jpg

Turned out more like this.

002.jpg

And this is with the baffle on.

Rest may be delayed a couple days for work. Amp should be here by friday and binding posts sometime next week.

nice progress... you should definitely kill those Homeless Depot employees!

good work, what elec upgrades do u plan for the 3k

I have a DC power 320 amp alt and optima blue top under the hood and yellowtop in the back.

Well since I wasn't satisfied with how the baffle came out I'm gonna rip it off and redo it. Ordered a circle jig for my router so hopefully the holes won"t come out so bad. Will not countersink this time just so I have plenty of wood to hold on to for the hurricane nuts.

pics inc later this week.

Well since I wasn't satisfied with how the baffle came out I'm gonna rip it off and redo it. Ordered a circle jig for my router so hopefully the holes won"t come out so bad. Will not countersink this time just so I have plenty of wood to hold on to for the hurricane nuts.

pics inc later this week.

Good call on the circle jig. You'll kick yourself for not buying one sooner. The only problem is if your using the router thats in your pics it doesn't have the plunge attachment that the jigs require. I have the same router and I'm looking to see if they sell the plunge attachment for it or if I'll end up buying another router that is set up for plunge cutting.

If you want to flush mount the subs just do a double baffle and cut the top layer out to flush the subs and use the bottom piece to mount the subs. It's real easy to do. Just cut both pieces for the baffle and clamp the 2 pieces together. Layout your center mark for the subs and pilot drill through both pieces with a small drill bit to locate the pivot for the jig. Then remove the clamps and router out the holes to the right diameter. Keep in mind when using the circle jig that you'll need to nail the circle your cutting out to a piece of scrap board and clamp or nail the baffle down. If you don't do that the router will run wild as you near the end of your cut and the center starts to break free. I learned that the hard way.

My wife would beat my ass with the box if I even made an attempt to build it in the dining room. lol

Nice start bro!

:drink40:

Lol the dining room was the only place I could. No garage and its been storming pretty good.

And that's not good bout the jig. I guess ill have to see if I can make it work.

Outhopu......this is the one I picked up. According to their site it works with ryobi routers so I don't foresee any problems. I'll let you know how it works out.

http://www.milescraft.com/groups/turnlock.html

Well that jig is completely different than the one I just bought so you may be in luck. Maybe do a test run with it before doing any critical cuts. Make sure you get a bit that is long enough to make the cut in 1 pass. I was using a cheap Ryobi 1/4" bit that was only 3/4" long and it wasn't leaving a clean cut on 3/4" MDF. I bought a higher quality 1" long bit and it cut faster and smoother. Your going to love cutting with the router once you get the hange of it. I made homemade jig and loved it so much I went ahead and bought a proper Jasper jig. Now I look forward to cutting speaker openings.

The advantage on that jasper one is smaller circles. Mine will only go down to 10". Will get some more mdf this week.

:eek5wavey:

Ok update time:

I ripped the baffles off and redid them, also redid the middle partition since I had to go buy more mdf anyways.

new001.jpg

Measuring out the center of each baffle.

new002.jpg

First actual cut. Circle in the background was my test run.

new004.jpg

During all this didn't even realize UPS had shown up.

new007.jpg

Sitting pretty.

new008.jpg

Input side of amp.

new009.jpg

Controls.

new010.jpg

Test fitting the baffle.

new013.jpg

After inserting the hurricane nuts.

new014.jpg

Caulking.

new015.jpg

Same from other side.

new016.jpg

Backside is put on.

new017.jpg

Inside before caulking the backside.

new018.jpg

First coat of paint. Behr Flat Black.

Waiting on my dayton binding post to show up, and to finish painting the box. Will have to continue next week. Really glad I redid the baffle after buying a circle jig. Hopefully have everything to hear by next weekend.

Alrighty the weather prevailed a little bit so was able to finish installing for the most part. Battery didn't show up at Les Schwab so the install isn't totally complete. But on with the pics.

new001-1.jpg

Internals of the Audiopipe 3000.1D

new003-1.jpg

Checking the box in the hatch area.

new004-1.jpg

Empty hatch area. Quite a mess.

new005-1.jpg

The tray under the false floor. Cut out 2 holes that will let me slide the yellow tops in nicely.

new006-1.jpg

One of the yellow tops in. Will have to wait for the other one till next week.

new008-1.jpg

Box with the Xcons inside.

new011.jpg

Sitting at idle at the amp.

If the weather is nice again tomorrow I will try to get some vids.

I managed to scare my mom and my sister today and didn't get either on film.....fail I know.

It all seems to be shaping up nicely, and the voltage is waiting for some action!!