liljestrand

08 scion xb^2 B2 products galore.

how was your voltage after playing for a while with the 3 3100s? I'll be running 2 HC2400's on my 5500 with a yellow top up front!

Question for the electricians.. lol.. I would like to run bus bars on the batteries themselves, except my batteries will be laying down. is it okay to bend the bus bars like this |_| (except flipped over.. as in the flat part on top) and run all my +/- to the middle of both batteries? Would that work or is that just a horrible idea? lol

Never dropped below 13.

And I think that idea would work. Just more fabricating. And make sure the bars wont touch anything that could ground them.

Soooo.... are those Zcons loud or what? lol

naw they are quiet. just drove for an hour and a half listening to varius music and neither the zcons or the bc5500 got evevR warm

naw they are quiet. just drove for an hour and a half listening to varius music and neither the zcons or the bc5500 got evevR warm

Took a TEN hour drive from nashville to dallas and BTL or PA3000bd got warm either :D

should say something about Hand built woofers EH?

american made ftw

Shhhhhh....

Don't tell the other people that (whisper voice)

can anyone else confirm 100% if what I said would work about bus bars?... Just want to make sure before I do all the bending, etc. :)

you may get more of a response making a thread instead of asking in a build log. but i dont really see it being a problem.

american made ftw

FTW! im glad you like them look, they look loud, i like the flexx going on ;)

can anyone else confirm 100% if what I said would work about bus bars?... Just want to make sure before I do all the bending, etc. :)

yes it will work.... ive seen them done like that before... just make sure like liljestrand said that theres nothing around that can ground them out... maybe build a battery box ??

Edited by 14K

why are you clogging up someone elses build log with questions about YOUR stereo?

not meaning to clog up his build log, just asked a question since he was on the topic of batts and such, wanted his input since we are using the same/equivalent equipment on the question I had since he seems to know what hes doing since his build looks awsome so far!

you could do what i did and make bars that you wire to. would prolly be cheaper and less of a chance of grounding things.

might be an idea! I'll see what kind of room I have left since I'm quite tight for space but if you have pics of what you did for bus bars it would be very helpful!

you could do what i did and make bars that you wire to. would prolly be cheaper and less of a chance of grounding things.

are the bars you have pre-drilled aluminum?

Well I had a coworkers neighbor make em. Basically aluminum bar stock with holes drilled. Bass_4_ever just look at the pics I have of my batteries. Its just 1/2" aluminum bars screwed to a board.

Update time.

So next thursday I will be meeting up with some team nwspl guys to build the new box. So I had to get a rush on with the rest of this stuff.

1331324214143.jpg

zcon on the left and sp4 on the right.

1331324291622.jpg

xcon zcon sp4

1331749674867.jpg

crescendo 1100.4

1332529392951.jpg

bc5500 and 1100.4

1332533494161.jpg

This will be the placement in the spare tire area with some modifications.

1332536923115.jpg

Lift for the 5500. Did this to run the 2/0 cable under and also so the dual inputs can safely sit over the 1100.4

1332537142379.jpg

With the stand in.

1332541822059.jpg

gutting the car to run the 2/0

1332543569985.jpg

inside view

1332545690059.jpg

the 3 new runs of 2/0 i ran so 4 total...this was not easy to get into the firewall

1332545859463.jpg

cables inside.

I called it good there for tonight. Was getting pretty sore with all that bending and pulling.

Still gotta put everything back into place...run 1 more set of rca's and 2 more sets of wires. Install the crescendo pa mids.

Looking good man!!!

I have been waiting for this popcorn2.gif

lookin good... i see you found a place for your amps :)

looking good, I think th SP4 motor should have been bigger considering the coil size

looking good, I think th SP4 motor should have been bigger considering the coil size

agreed... its weird how the SP4 and the Zcon look like they have the same motor...

agreed... its weird how the SP4 and the Zcon look like they have the same motor...

Ironic?

All SSA motors look nearly identical to Fi models.

From the looks of it they look exactly the same tbh....just different sized coils...i could be wrong though.

Awesome build man, keep it coming.

They do look very similar.