shizzzon

10-24-09 Somerset, KY MECA 2x Event

well, the results shouldnt be all that good because i've got a lot of tweaks i can do to get it louder. I just want to establish a score first.

No biggie, see ya in 4 months.

i'm either gonna be in Modified 4 or Modex 2, whichever the judges feel..

It doesn't really matter because if the judges feel i need to be in Modex... i'm just gonna tear out my wall and create a shell in side my car behind the B pillar with a steel tubed frame around the whole box design to prevent flex if that's hwo they wanna do it, :) Or.. if they put me in Modified 4, then i'll see how loud i can get my wall.. I'm onyl runnin 7kw right now and if i stay in M4, i'll drop in 6 mroe batts and up myself to 24,000w.

But until those times, this is my first sanction event, i've competed in non sanctions but just never sanction. I really don't care what i do the first couple times but after that, i'll start gettin down to business. all i need is motivation and goin to shwos wil do it

I know just from looking at the state records and competing modex2 will be easier to get points in. Also in ky mod 4 was louder than modex 2. There's also allot more things that are permitted in modex 2 as well so there's more room for upgrading. I highly doubt you will be able to run 24000 watts through 329 amps of fusing even with spreding it over 4 fuses. I know this because my buddy is in mod 4, he has 8 15's and 6 sundown 1500's. He can barely get a burp off with just this amount of power.

i'm either gonna be in Modified 4 or Modex 2, whichever the judges feel..

It doesn't really matter because if the judges feel i need to be in Modex... i'm just gonna tear out my wall and create a shell in side my car behind the B pillar with a steel tubed frame around the whole box design to prevent flex if that's hwo they wanna do it, :) Or.. if they put me in Modified 4, then i'll see how loud i can get my wall.. I'm onyl runnin 7kw right now and if i stay in M4, i'll drop in 6 mroe batts and up myself to 24,000w.

But until those times, this is my first sanction event, i've competed in non sanctions but just never sanction. I really don't care what i do the first couple times but after that, i'll start gettin down to business. all i need is motivation and goin to shwos wil do it

I know just from looking at the state records and competing modex2 will be easier to get points in. Also in ky mod 4 was louder than modex 2. There's also allot more things that are permitted in modex 2 as well so there's more room for upgrading. I highly doubt you will be able to run 24000 watts through 329 amps of fusing even with spreding it over 4 fuses. I know this because my buddy is in mod 4, he has 8 15's and 6 sundown 1500's. He can barely get a burp off with just this amount of power.

I currently run 4 80A mANLs.

Assuming current draw would be ~845A, that's my belief in hopes it would hold...

If it didnt, i can always adjust my master gain so it can only pull a certain amount of current so i don't accidentally pop a fuse when i go knob crazy.

I only have 7kw now so i could actually run my comp fuses for daily if i wanted to...

I'm going. Plan on competing in AS2 if the fusing hold. I'll meet up with yall just give me a spot to be at

Fusing should hold on a 3000d . What ohm load do you have the amp running at and what type of fuseblock are you running?

it's at 1 ohm on 2 12s (HDC3s)

you can get a full burp off about 50 a of fuse with that amp.. .you shouldn't have a problem especially with impedence rise...

ok, just got back from the show and everybody that rolled with me... WE ALL GOT 1st PLACE!! Woohoo!

ShiZZZoN - MX2-151.3

Phi - AS1-140.9

Ben Hemp - S3=148.3

Josh Shacklette - S2-145.3\DB3-123.6

We all got 1st place.

Then, one of our buddies-

Joshua Newton (Team Carlisle\Sundown\XStatic) - M4-155.6! (1st place)

Paul Strouth was there! - M5 - 157.2db! (1st place)

Paul Strouth also ran in DB5 scoring a 131.3db! (1st place)

He uses 3 3500ds and a clam-shelled 6th order bandpass.

I could have ran in M4 but decided not to and move myself to MX2 since i want Durock in my car next year... I would have beaten everybody in M4 except for Josh Newton...

He runs 8 15s and ~250A worth of fusing burping between 30-35hz to achieve his 155.6db.