Sign in to follow this  
Jalla

Components

Does SI have something up their sleeve on the component side?

Something like the RE XXX6" in a 3 way comp system?

Currently...SI has a 2-way 5.25" setup that is actually shown on the site....called the 307's ;)

Now..if you want 3-ways....Nick does have the capability of making his 502's...which are probably THE HIGHEST quality stuff you can find that isn't retail....in fact...I want a pair so bad..but to tell you the honest truth...they cost A LOT! :blink: ....they are expensive enough to where I don't even bother asking...but then again...I don't have $800 bux (guestimate) :(

502's come with a 8" midbass, 5.25" midrange, and a 1" tweeter that weights nearly 4 POUNDS ....this is all off the top of my head...so it may not be 100% correct..but I'm pretty sure...

Maybe if someone..... EHEM ...would call me and see what I've been up to as of late....I'd know more info for ya!

wow they are that good?

the 502's are good... well, once they get finished... from what i understand, the 502's are actually going to be any custom components. they will be tailored to fit your needs and desires. me and nick are currently working on finishing my set of 502's, and so far they are awesome.

:+1:

edit: if i can get permission from nick then i can put some photos of them up here :D

Edited by hoss

You can post those certain pics we talked about Hoss - the straight-on shots of the 8" and the far-away shot of the tweets. :)

And yes, due to some of the drivers not being produced anymore the 502's are going to be any custom component set. Drivers, crossover point(s), slopes, choice of crossover components, etc, will all be custom.

6.5's will probably find their way into the SI lineup, but not until we have everything down perfect. :D

:slayer: I cant wait for pictures, what are you using in the crossover? and what is the mae up of the tweeter, just wondering out of curosity

and here is one of the 8"s, too bad you cant see the motor of it :( its pretty stout.

post-25-1074029649.jpg

Good pics. :) His crossover boards are going to be HUGE. :D

BTW: The material of the tweeter domes is a variable-density composite material. :boxin:

Jacob Fuller (Sundownz on the forums) likes them better than his JL XR 6.5" set, and Michael Schmidt (mschmidt10k on here) emailed me telling me how much he liked them compared to his previous Focal set. You could PM him on this board and ask him about them if you would like. He has actually purchased two sets of 307's from us.

those tweets are insane

Sounds great. Maybe I'll upgrade to the 502 or the next generation of these in time...

For now I'm happy with My Boston 4.5 & 6.5 pro components.

They cost $1860 here in Norway btw, so $800 doesn't scare me a bit. What scares me is the price difference between US & Norway.

A JLW12 cost <$2000 here...

Gah :wacko:

Too cold to install anything now, so it'll have to wait until the summer. Skis is what takes most of my time now, hehe.

Those tweeters look sick thoug.

I guess i'll concider this for my next car.

Keep up the good work nick :)

Would've liked to run the 502 comps against the SEAS lotus reference kit.

Could've been a interresting comparison.

Information in english here.

Edited by Jalla

wow wouldn't it be cheaper to buy and ship over? :o

wow wouldn't it be cheaper to buy and ship over? :o

Yep! Thats why I went for the D2 and got it here.

Could've got both Brahma and XXX here in Norway, but after reading reviews and listening to a bunch of subs I decided to go a bit "wild" and here I am, happily thumping a D2 :D

Also I'm the only one here that has one as far as I know, so if anyone snags my sh|t, it'll be hard to sell without me knowing it...

But I guess that any thieves'll have to discuss that with my alarm and trusty shotgun first, heheheh :P

The Brahma cost around $800 here btw. sick...

Could've gotten 2 D2's shipped here for that price.

Maybe I'll add another D2 later as my next car will be an Audi A6 avant :D

But that'll have to wait a while...

In the mean time I'll have some fun, making a aluminum custom dome for the two tweeters in my sets, running two on each side...

Jacob Fuller (Sundownz on the forums) likes them better than his JL XR 6.5" set, and Michael Schmidt (mschmidt10k on here) emailed me telling me how much he liked them compared to his previous Focal set. You could PM him on this board and ask him about them if you would like. He has actually purchased two sets of 307's from us.

Yessir... The 307 set is superior to the XR set IMHO. Having alot of listening time on both sets... I really honestly LOVE the 307 set. The midrange is almost unreal on them in kick panels, love them.

What's up all....nice to see this forum.

I have the 307's and I must say they are killer...ask Nick, Jacob, Hoss for the input on 'em...couldn't be more happier.

And yes, they are wonderful in kicks. :D

Josh

Check 'em out

glad to see you back in civilization josh :)

josh's install is very nice, sounds amazing and looks stunning. witnessed them myself many times :)

What's up all....nice to see this forum.

I have the 307's and I must say they are killer...ask Nick, Jacob, Hoss for the input on 'em...couldn't be more happier.

And yes, they are wonderful in kicks. :D

Josh

Check 'em out

nice install, nice car

those car are awesome for bass

i installed 2-e12k in a 2000 camaro and installed 1-e12a in a 97 camaro, and both sound good. maybe when these guys upgrade we'll put a couple of Magnum and those comps.... ;)

so that's what Mr.Nick looks like, not to shabby of a guy that builds subs. :P

jamie