EFFENDI

The 10 Biggest Lies in Audio

See here,  you clearly show your error, not mine.  It is an OPINION.  How can it be wrong?  It can't.  If that's how I feel, you cannot tell me I am wrong.  And the ear is the ultimate judge.  Take an RTA, multimeter, whatever tools you want to use and tune your system with those scientific measuring devices.  Everything comes out perfect according to the instruments, yet when you sit in the vehicle, it is NOT perfect and you feel the need to change something.  Now tell me that the science is not flawed and your ear(s) do not bear burden on the outcome.

Take two identical amps, set up the same way.  Everything is equal.  I listen to both and determine a difference in sound between the two.  It is believed to be impossible, yet I tell a difference.  How can one tell me I do not?  Science may be able to tell you WHY I notice a diffence, but it cannot tell you that I CAN or CANNOT.  Prove otherwise.

LETS MAKE WORDS BIGGER, SINCE THE REST OF US CAN'T READ SO GOOD!!!!!!!!!!

Tirefryr, I beg of you to stop whatever it is you are trying to prove here, and listen to what I have been trying to illustrate to you.

It is WRONG of you to say that everyone else shares your viewpoint when they don't. That is it, thats all that I am arguing. You are really taking this to a whole other level, when it doesn't need to go there.

I never said your opinion on any matter was right or wrong. In my previous post, I never said that I was right or you were wrong. I shared my opinion, and never claimed that everyone else believes the same thing. I don't know how many times I have to say it. The bottom line is that it is wrong of you to assume that everyone share's your viewpoint, don't claim that everyone is the same as you, because they aren't.

C'mon guys ... take 'er easy ...

Although, it is nice to read a 'discussion' with no swearing and name calling.

Steve, this is hardly a discussion ;)

I am tired of trying to get this guy to see the light. Tirefryer, if you have something else you want to say to me, do it via PM. It's not fair to the rest of everyone else to have to witness this shenanigan.

Steve, this is hardly a discussion ;)

That's why I stated 'discussion' in quotes. I just really didn't want to call it a bitchfest, etc. :)

Call it however you see it.

Unfortunately, I have just allowed him to get too far under my skin.

Yup :D

And your lamp will be brighter ;)

YES!

i need one of these too then

i want my lamp to be the best it can possibly be

C'mon guys ... take 'er easy ...

Although, it is nice to read a 'discussion' with no swearing and name calling.

which is why i let it go on...lol.

anyway,

but i will get back to this one later...too much to write, not enough time.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Effendi: Ever think you're wrong? You can't be serious in telling us that 20000 people WE KNOW OF with distinctive tastes and preferences are ALL wrong in tuning their setups because of the lack of expensive electronic equipment. People made and tuned the music in the first place. You really think the beat in hip hop is naturally that loud? Better yet, you think some computer looked at the waveform and said "Hey, if we raise the 36 to 42 hz range by 16db, all the black people with subs and white wannabes without are gonna go out and buy this chit!"?

The only thing your method is truely good for is testing with 3rd octave pink noise.

See here,  you clearly show your error, not mine.  It is an OPINION.  How can it be wrong?  It can't.  If that's how I feel, you cannot tell me I am wrong.  And the ear is the ultimate judge.  Take an RTA, multimeter, whatever tools you want to use and tune your system with those scientific measuring devices.  Everything comes out perfect according to the instruments, yet when you sit in the vehicle, it is NOT perfect and you feel the need to change something.  Now tell me that the science is not flawed and your ear(s) do not bear burden on the outcome.

Take two identical amps, set up the same way.  Everything is equal.  I listen to both and determine a difference in sound between the two.  It is believed to be impossible, yet I tell a difference.  How can one tell me I do not?  Science may be able to tell you WHY I notice a diffence, but it cannot tell you that I CAN or CANNOT.  Prove otherwise.

LETS MAKE WORDS BIGGER, SINCE THE REST OF US CAN'T READ SO GOOD!!!!!!!!!!

Tirefryr, I beg of you to stop whatever it is you are trying to prove here, and listen to what I have been trying to illustrate to you.

It is WRONG of you to say that everyone else shares your viewpoint when they don't. That is it, thats all that I am arguing. You are really taking this to a whole other level, when it doesn't need to go there.

I never said your opinion on any matter was right or wrong. In my previous post, I never said that I was right or you were wrong. I shared my opinion, and never claimed that everyone else believes the same thing. I don't know how many times I have to say it. The bottom line is that it is wrong of you to assume that everyone share's your viewpoint, don't claim that everyone is the same as you, because they aren't.

:Doh: Thank you Effendi! The context of your type, TO ME, was that you were questioning my feeling or opinion and not me trying to "push" it on others. That was NOT my intentions at all, but I can see how you would think that. I was trying to prove nothing other than that fact that my opinion is purely that. I went into it further to show you why I feel that way. That is the point in which it went south I believe because it seemed to me you were telling me why I could not feel that way. Point taken. Thank You!

Great "DISCUSSION."

HOWEVER

HA. I think we can end this now. ;)

Effendi: Ever think you're wrong? You can't be serious in telling us that 20000 people WE KNOW OF with distinctive tastes and preferences are ALL wrong in tuning their setups because of the lack of expensive electronic equipment. People made and tuned the music in the first place. You really think the beat in hip hop is naturally that loud? Better yet, you think some computer looked at the waveform and said "Hey, if we raise the 36 to 42 hz range by 16db, all the black people with subs and white wannabes without are gonna go out and buy this chit!"?

The only thing your method is truely good for is testing with 3rd octave pink noise.

Did I ever think I was wrong? No. I never said my or his opinion was right or wrong. Please shut your mouth unless you truly understand what the issue WAS here. I have not yet seen one positive comment from you and I am suggesting that you take your attitude elsewhere.

Great "DISCUSSION."

HOWEVER

:P

I know I was probably too rough on you, but I still luv ya man.

Yup :D

And your lamp will be brighter ;)

YES!

i need one of these too then

i want my lamp to be the best it can possibly be

look how awesome this wire is:

walmartwire7ex.jpg

so going to be a kickass lamp

Great "DISCUSSION."

HOWEVER

:P

I know I was probably too rough on you, but I still luv ya man.

It's all good. We both got a little heated, but oh well.

:+1:

btw. Tirefryr....whats your real name??

I'm Isaac.

look how awesome this wire is:

'Royal Cable"...that's great :D Even the logo is a ripoff of MC.

Lowe's is still looking good at 27 cents a foot ;)

I got my Knukonceptz RCAs today. I will have some pics up tomorrow....

Now, I know, I could have made my own, and probably for cheaper. Bear with me here, these gray terminals and gold-plated tips match my amp perfectly, so I HAD to have them. From first impressions I am very impressed.

I like the fact that they dont use marketing hype to sell their stuff, they just make good-looking, well-made stuff. The build-quality is top-notch, and they seem very durable. This won't be my last purchase from them. ;)

Ryan..n00b

:D:fing34: