Burbarry

tweeter location acitve set up

I have decided to go with Selenium ST350 Super Tweeter, and Selenium 6W4P 6" woofer. I will be running thes active and have a copule of questions about them.

First question: one being will it sound ok to mount the woofer in the stock door, and the tweeter in the stock dash. I will have to modify the dash a little bit, since the hole right now is 4", and mounting of the tweeter is 4.25". Will it sound good with it located up there?

Next question: Since this is my first active setup, I dont want it to sound like shit. So, how do you guys block the mid sound from going to your tweeters? and stop the real lows and real higs from going to the mids? I will be running a MB Quart DSC 4125 to the mids and tweets and a Alpine CDA-9887 for the HU.

Next question: I was told to hook the mid up to the front RCAs, and the tweeter to the rear RCAs. Is that the correct thing when running active? Will it have any effect on the sound since sometimes songs play each speaker seperately?

Did something change?

I want to know what is the best set of mids you have ever had. let me know I have doing a SQ setup in my wifes car and am stuck between a few. i want something that gets loud and clear. Only post if you have owned them.

No matter where you put those tweeters they are going to sound like ass. You are also going to have NO midbass which completely is the opposite of an SQ setup. I really don't at all understand your driver choices as they surely don't come anywhere close to meeting your suggested goals.

Did something change?

I want to know what is the best set of mids you have ever had. let me know I have doing a SQ setup in my wifes car and am stuck between a few. i want something that gets loud and clear. Only post if you have owned them.

No matter where you put those tweeters they are going to sound like ass. You are also going to have NO midbass which completely is the opposite of an SQ setup. I really don't at all understand your driver choices as they surely don't come anywhere close to meeting your suggested goals.

what tweeter do you use m5? and what others have you used? which ones were bad and which are good?

I want to sound like you when I grow up :)

I have decided to go with Selenium ST350 Super Tweeter, and Selenium 6W4P 6" woofer. I will be running thes active and have a copule of questions about them.

First question: one being will it sound ok to mount the woofer in the stock door, and the tweeter in the stock dash. I will have to modify the dash a little bit, since the hole right now is 4", and mounting of the tweeter is 4.25". Will it sound good with it located up there?

Next question: Since this is my first active setup, I dont want it to sound like shit. So, how do you guys block the mid sound from going to your tweeters? and stop the real lows and real higs from going to the mids? I will be running a MB Quart DSC 4125 to the mids and tweets and a Alpine CDA-9887 for the HU.

Next question: I was told to hook the mid up to the front RCAs, and the tweeter to the rear RCAs. Is that the correct thing when running active? Will it have any effect on the sound since sometimes songs play each speaker seperately?

If you want some Selenium 6.5" woofers you minus well get my Eminence Alpha's (they are louder and sound better, from personal experience). Both speakers are mid-ranges and not mid-bass speakers. You know you have a mid-bass speaker when its Fs: is below 70Hz and Frequency Response is low; plus the speaker will almost look like a mini-sub with a nice surround.

Did something change?

what tweeter do you use m5? and what others have you used? which ones were bad and which are good?

lol, subjective. What I am running right now is in my sig, but I have a bunch of other tweets in the house. Better to describe needs and ask for assistance choosing than what is bad/good. ;)

Did something change?

lol, subjective. What I am running right now is in my sig, but I have a bunch of other tweets in the house. Better to describe needs and ask for assistance choosing than what is bad/good. ;)

I need something to be paired with my 8'' seas driver (that i'm going to get) for a active 2 way. the seas driver goes up to 3000 hz so idk where I should cross over the tweets at.

what tweets do you have for sale that are good? :)

I'm not selling anything atm. Curious what 8 you are going to run to 3k, I'd probably rethink that.

I'm not selling anything atm. Curious what 8 you are going to run to 3k, I'd probably rethink that.

they say they play up to 3k hz, what do you suggest crossing them over at? what should i look to cross a pair of tweeters at? (2 way system)

http://www.madisound.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=1600

SEAS Prestige CA22RNX (H1288) 8" Coated Paper Cone

h1288.1.jpg

they say they play up to 3k hz, what do you suggest crossing them over at? what should i look to cross a pair of tweeters at? (2 way system)

http://www.madisound.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=1600

SEAS Prestige CA22RNX (H1288) 8" Coated Paper Cone

h1288.1.jpg

Just because a manufacturer rates a frequency range up to 3000Hz doesnt mean a speaker can take it. My eminence are rated at 5,500Hz and when it was crossed up tp 5,000Hz on my Sundown Sax-125.5 you could start to hear it crackle a little bit like I was pushing to much power around its frequency cutoff point.

i am aware of the specs, i just wouldn't use them that high

DON'T EVER compare Seas to Eminence. Sort of like Yugo and Bentley...

And no way, no how would I use those tweeters.

Mounting locations? Budget?

i am aware of the specs, i just wouldn't use them that high

DON'T EVER compare Seas to Eminence. Sort of like Yugo and Bentley...

And no way, no how would I use those tweeters.

Mounting locations? Budget?

You definantly read my post wrong I was comparing the Eminence to the Seleniums that the OP was talking about.

Sorry, I wasn't clear. Offering either Eminence or Seleniums to someone when they are thinking of a Seas driver isn't so logical.

unless of course they are looking at the Seas for the wrong reasons ;)

Sorry, I wasn't clear. Offering either Eminence or Seleniums to someone when they are thinking of a Seas driver isn't so logical.

unless of course they are looking at the Seas for the wrong reasons ;)

Now your just reading this whole topic wrong, the OP(Burbarry) was talking about Selenium Super Tweeters and there 6.5" Midrange; and this is who I was talking to. The person talking about Seas is socialstealth, who was threadjacking for his on info then went and made a topic on it.

Its cool, your just doing your job :fing34: .

You have thread jacked the OP topic, next time open your own topic and ask general speaker questions or do some type of search before asking basic questions.

Seas are more quality and cost a little more, they are mid-bass speakers compared to Eminence which are more mid-range speakers. I could go on, just go look them up and do some research first.

Not my job, this is how I relax away from a very stressful job

Seas are really high quality home audio drivers, Eminence are mid-quality pro audio drivers. Completely different.

Not my job, this is how I relax away from a very stressful job

Seas are really high quality home audio drivers, Eminence are mid-quality pro audio drivers. Completely different.

So true I live my Eminence Speaker company they make lots of speakers for other companies also

I use SEAS Lotus speakers these are the series for the car.