Sign in to follow this  
saywhat?

problem solved?

okay so i had a light bulb go off and had a stroke of genious. external port!!! mounting depth is 7.89 on the rl-p fifteen, if i give it 1.61 inches room between the magnet and back wall should i be safe? and is the mounting depth from the bottom of the mounting ring to bottom of magnet? if it is, in that case add .75 to 1.61 and have....2.36 inches of clearance! go me!

sounds like a good idea....enjoy

what do u mean by that? when i start building my box u mean? im gettin plans from JMAC on the exact cuts so it will be...perfecto

im just saying dont forget to include the displacement of the wood in your measurements but since Jmac's taking car of it, im sure you'll be fine

im just saying dont forget to include the displacement of the wood in your measurements but since Jmac's taking car of it, im sure you'll be fine

ya im gunna have 3.1 cubes total

16.5*9.5*36.5 is 3.31 minus sub volume it is 3.1.

what should i tune to? 28 or 35? im thinkin something in the middle....around 30

doing an external port, with 3.1 cubes.....tuned to 30 hrz, does 12.2 inches sound correct? i did it on the carstereo calculator but i dont know if its 12.2 if ur volume is 3.1 before port displacement.

Not sure on your port area... but with the recommended 35 square inches of port area, and 3.1 cu ft net volume.. I believe your port length should be 28.9 in (73.3 cm) to achieve a tuning frequency of 30 Hz.