Sign in to follow this  
ridinsolo

anyone wanna help a newb out with a box?

i have a single Powerbase XS 15 coming and want to make a box for it but have no idea where to start. It will powered by an XTR Pro 2400 going in the trunk of an 02 Grand Prix.

on the site it says for 4.5 cu. ft. internal, and a slot port of 36 sq. in. x 15" long. Does that 4.5 cube internal space include the port area, or do you have to figure that in too? That is for the recommended tuning of 34 hz.

Also, would it be benefical at all for to tune a little lower, i was thinking maybe 31-32ish, i wanted it be able to play low also...

It will be for daily driving, no comps at all, i just want it to sound good and get pretty loud also. Thanks, any help is appreciated. If anyone is willing to give me the exact dimensions of the box with all the measurements using 3/4 MDF i can paypal some money over to you for helping... :)

man its a website that calculates all that stuff for you, the whole construction is on you.. i can't think of the web site at the moment

i have a single Powerbase XS 15 coming and want to make a box for it but have no idea where to start. It will powered by an XTR Pro 2400 going in the trunk of an 02 Grand Prix.

on the site it says for 4.5 cu. ft. internal, and a slot port of 36 sq. in. x 15" long. Does that 4.5 cube internal space include the port area, or do you have to figure that in too? That is for the recommended tuning of 34 hz.

Also, would it be benefical at all for to tune a little lower, i was thinking maybe 31-32ish, i wanted it be able to play low also...

It will be for daily driving, no comps at all, i just want it to sound good and get pretty loud also. Thanks, any help is appreciated. If anyone is willing to give me the exact dimensions of the box with all the measurements using 3/4 MDF i can paypal some money over to you for helping... :)

sorry to tell you but a box that big MIGHT not fit in your car.

the opening of those car are small, you can build the box inside the trunk but that will be a female dog to do.

the box will be around 5cuft after sub and port displacement, that is a big box.

i built a box for 2-12IDMAX for a car like yours (2.5cuft each @30hz w/divider in the middle) and it didnt fit. it was around 6cuft after all said and done, so he just settled for a sealed box.

im not saying it cant be none (anything can) but it will be a headack...

good luck

holla at me if you need help

jamie