Sign in to follow this  
JusR

BL vs. XCON ?

Hi guys I recently had recommendation for a 15 inch BL , but i was thinking about an xcon . Which is deeper and louder off a 1500d ,and any box and tuning suggestions. even open to other suggestions in brand or size.Set up is for a dodge durango.One other question I see alot of recommendations for Sundown amps are they clearly the best in performance and power, or is it the great customer service I hear about. Just like some feedback Thanks.

they are not in the same class.

The BL is a get loud sub no matter what it takes.

The XCon is a get loud driver without sacrificing it's ability to stay clean at the same time.

The XCon can also handle almost twice the power a BL can as to show you how out of place they are when being compared along with their purposes.

The XCon is a get loud driver without sacrificing it's ability to stay clean at the same time.

The XCon can also handle almost twice the power a BL can as to show you how out of place they are when being compared along with their purposes.

so the Xcon will take 3000 Watts RMS?

Hi guys I recently had recommendation for a 15 inch BL , but i was thinking about an xcon . Which is deeper and louder off a 1500d ,and any box and tuning suggestions. even open to other suggestions in brand or size.Set up is for a dodge durango.One other question I see alot of recommendations for Sundown amps are they clearly the best in performance and power, or is it the great customer service I hear about. Just like some feedback Thanks.

My advice to you would be to use the search function and read all the reviews on the products your asking about. Everybody has their own opinions and tastes. But to simplify things for you...Yes! Sundown imo are one of the best companies in Performance, Power and Customer Service

They are two different drivers, very different in design and purpose. The Sundowns are a good choice for performance and customer service. The end result is going to have a great deal to do with the install. Both are great drivers and will do very well off the SAZ-1500D, but you need to provide more info and look more into the two different drivers so we can find out which is the best way to go.

No.

No.

x2, when dude said that an Xcon can take almost double the power or a BL he was referring to both of them stock with a normal user and standard ratings. BL is 1000Rms and Xcon 1750Rms, almost double the power and yes the BL's can handle more power (but thats not the argument).

If you have the money, and don't intend to compete in SPL, try the Xcon on your saz 1500 : good combo !!! You would love it!

I've never heared the BL, but, as they said, it is not in the same class as the Xcon. What do you want to do ?

What do you listen to? ...

For Sundown, I must say that I really like to buy in the hands of the owner of the brand. You can't do that with mainstream brands. You know who you're dealing with. They answer every mail they receive, very fast.

Prices are not so high, and they ship your purchases fast.

What else ?

Try it by yourself, you won't be disappointed.

ive heard both the bl and xcon.

the xcon is soooo much different from the bl.

i like how the bl sounds but i loved how the xcon sounded fing05.gif

Edited by iputon326

What were the pros and cons of each if any.

Iv owned both and both have there pros and cons. The BL is simply an amazing SPL woofer for the money simply put. The x-con is an amazing SQ woofer that will flat out amaze you with its ability to be accurate yet very loud. In my opinion the BL is slightly louder than the x-con but when it comes to the SQ part of the equation they are not close at all. If i was looking to do spl i would have got another BL but i love to sound good and be loud.

What were the pros and cons of each if any.

well to me the xcon seemed louder. the bl is pretty close though.

the xcon does wayy better on the lows. ive never had low notes get to my ears before i heard the xcon.

the bl is more an spl sub.

it does way better on the high notes and it still does pretty good on the lows.