casedawg350

Upgrading

Hey guys I am looking to get a 15" in the 1500-2000 RMS range, depending on what would work best with my final decision. I listen to mostly Rock, Alternative and Rap/Hip-Hop. I like getting loud more then really caring about quality. So I believe a driver geared more towards SPL might be a good decision?? This set-up will be going in my Extended Cab Ram, so I have quite a bit of room to work with.

Sub: Sounds like XCON might not be a bad choice. Even though its more SQ then SPL? Need suggestions. Would like to get Dual 2.

Amp: Sundown SAZ- 2000/1500D would be my #1 choice. Depending on driver choice. Looking to run it at 1 ohm.

Box: A local shop does good work on boxes so I will probably have him build it.

Electrical: This is where I have the most questions. I know I will need to do Big 3 in 1/0, and my main power run and ground of 1/0. Is an Alt necessary for 2KRMS daily? I know i will need a battery as well, but have not looked into those yet.

Goals: Really just want something that will get loud and be impressive for when people ride with me. Would like to be able to feel it in my ears IF that is possible, as well.

Budget: Pretty much unlimited. I am willing to pay whatever I need to, to get this done RIGHT. I was told to do that the first time, and I did skimp a little. So this time I want to do the opposite. This will be a slow process of saving up and taking my time. Although I do not want to spend an arm and a leg.

Deadener: Is this necessary?\

Reason: Just want louder. Nothing wrong with current set-up, just want louder.

I hope I covered everything I needed to. Any input you guys can give me will be appreciated. Thanks.

Edited by casedawg350

Yeah I'd say go with the XCON or a BL.

And i don't have deadener so it's not completely necessary but it would eliminate most of the rattle.

Alright thanks guys. I was thinking either XCON or BL. so I am glad to know I was thinking in the right direction.

It would be helpful to know what you have now that you want upgraded and what about it you don't like.

It would be helpful to know what you have now that you want upgraded and what about it you don't like.

OP updated.

XCON and 1500D sound like a great combo.

XCON and 1500D sound like a great combo.

Package Deal from SSA FTW!

What about electrical? Enclosure size?

Edited by casedawg350

I heve owned both the BL and XCON. You'll be very happy with XCON. Amazing driver, even though mine is temporarily out of servie I still love it. BTW, where do you live in Indiana? Pm me.

Hmm... with a 15" BTL and an amp like an AQ2200D I think you'd be pretty satisfied...

Hmm... with a 15" BTL and an amp like an AQ2200D I think you'd be pretty satisfied...

hmm. so far im leanin towards the XCON SD deal.

Just pointin that out because for about the same price with the AQ2200D you'd get 700wRMS greater than the SAZ-1500D, and the BTL is rated for 2000wRMS vs. the xCon's 1750wRMS...

BTL 15" - $384

AQ2200D - ~$389

Not that the others aren't solid contenders though ;)

Edited by CadillacMatt

Just pointin that out because for about the same price with the AQ2200D you'd get 700wRMS greater than the SAZ-1500D, and the BTL is rated for 2000wRMS vs. the xCon's 1750wRMS...

BTL 15" - $384

AQ2200D - ~$389

Not that the others aren't solid contenders though ;)

Plus the options on the BTL as well. I already have a Fi, so I was thinking about trying a different brand this time.

what was the video suppose to add to this thread? making a selection on what equipment to buy based a youtube video is ridiculous...

what was the video suppose to add to this thread? making a selection on what equipment to buy based a youtube video is ridiculous...

Haha x2, that combo might be a good choice for you.

I am sensing sarcasm from Jay-Cee, lol.

I have my mind made up on the sub and amp. Just need to get electrical and enclosure decided. I also think I want a flip-out HU now, as well.