CadillacMatt

Image Dynamics 6 1/2" comps

First off, let me begin by saying that the customer service at Image Dynamics is top notch... due to my improper gain settings I managed to blow through the first set of crossovers I received with the set and Eric over at ID sent me a new pair at no charge. Outstanding company.

Now, to the review... where do I begin? This set is very well balanced and the price point is very low for such an exceptional set of speakers. I had mine for around $150. The massive 6.5" midrange woofer delivers clear sound, powerful & punchy midbass, and is capable of sustaining clarity at very high volume levels. In other words, it gets loud and sounds damn good doing it!!

I'm feeding around 75wRMS to these bad boys and they're louder than most lesser setups with speakers on all four corners. The silk dome tweeters come with two mounting sockets - one surface mount, and one flush mount... in eyeball swivel sockets for precise aiming. The sound they produce is just right to my ears, not too harsh, and can blend very well with the midrange. However, they tend to be temperamental with the amount of power they receive, so heed the warning on the box and never push more than 100wRMS... you might end up with a fried tweet.

In conclusion, this versatile speaker set will satisfy anyone from a discerning SQ guy to an all-out SPL head... and anyone looking for that ever-so-elusive midbass :fing34:

DCP_0042-1.jpg

l_78a8dad731d64bb28fb71e2ab640a8b1.jpg

Edited by CadillacMatt

big door pod!! dam, passenger must have to cross his legs to sit in that seat... lol jk

great reviews

Thats a great review man... I've been looking at those babies for some time now... on the tweeter problems, might try this little trick and see if it helps.... Thanks for the great review!

EASY Tweeter Savers

nice, was just looking into these the other day.... and those door pods are massive... lol