VIP_tC

Should I polyfill & Amp Question...

Ok I ordered two RL-P 12's from the group buy and they will hopefully be showing up pretty soon now so I wanna get ready for them. My box will be approx 2.7 cubic foot shared fiberglass box for both subs (so about 1.35 or so each sub), should I stuff will polyfill and how much? Also will a Lanzar Opti2000D run at .5 ohm work well in this application? It is bit of power, but I figure it will work well running sealed. Here is the amp:

http://lanzar.com/citempage.asp?MODEL=RBOPTI2000D

I am getting excited now that my system is finally coming together, lol B)

prob like 2 bags, maby 3 if you choose to polyfill

What would be the benefit of filling the box? What difference will it make in sound?

Yeah I know that it makes the sub think its in a larger box thus deeper bass, but Ive also been told that the rlps like smaller boxes better. So I just didnt know if polyfill would be reccomended for this sub... Ill prob just buy some and try it out - its cheap...

The polyfill does make it have slightly better low end extension, but don't think of it as "thinking" it is a bigger box, it just lowers the resonant frequency of the box.

first, try the subs without the fill....they will get lowlow in less then what u have planned. if u don't like them without, add some. like u said, the stuff is cheap.

second, ur vehicle is going to hate u for running at .5ohm daily, trust me, unless u have some serious upgrades...and i mean more then just the big three...i have a redtop, upgraded alternator and the big three and i still get big voltage drops..

third, going by that link, the amp doesn't produce anymore power at .5 ohm then it does at 2 ohm...(1100wrms)..i'd try wiring for 2 ohm first (series the coils, parallel the subs). u'll get plenty of output that way...

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer: